Bean stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of Beans and its side effects , i find it appropriate to tell the story of my Grandmothers Vegetable soup.

Grandma was not a great cook, but the one thing she made well was her vegetable soup. It was a bean/ split pea based soup ( yellow split peas, baby lima beans, barley, carrots,celery, onions, mushrooms, garlic S & P, string beans , tomatoes). Anyway, as good as it tasted was as successful as it was in making you fart. So th soup coined the name " Grandma Rosie's Fart Soup". Needless to say, grandma not only was insulted by the name we came up with, but also was in denial on the effects that it had on our lower digestive system. Grandma has been gone now for 20 years, and we still refer to it by its name.

I rinse my canned black beans, but apparently it's not necessary.

Rinsing is only required when using black beans as an add on to something else like a salsa or in a salad.
Black beans by themselves as used for "black beans and rice" require using the liquid as you must have a medium to "kick them up" and lightly cook.
The black bean brand at Costco (very good BTW) are not completely cooked or would be called Al Dente. So I cook them longer and need the liquid to cook them in.

I usually have beans for lunch so I can spend the afternoon farting around in the office.

Now that was a good one! :LOL:

Rinsing is only required when using black beans as an add on to something else like a salsa or in a salad.
Black beans by themselves as used for "black beans and rice" require using the liquid as you must have a medium to "kick them up" and lightly cook.
The black bean brand at Costco (very good BTW) are not completely cooked or would be called Al Dente. So I cook them longer and need the liquid to cook them in.

Now that was a good one! :LOL:

Oh......Bean stock is not left over as the bean stock is our sauce. I thicken the liquid slightly by mashing few beans as they cook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom