Black Bean Burgers/Sliders??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got done making my first black bean burger/slider. I used a recipe from The Pioneer Woman which called for:

2 cans of black beans (I cooked my own)
1 C bread crumbs
1/4 C grated onion (I minced mine, didn't feel like grating an onion)
1 egg
1/2 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper
hot sauce to taste

I cooked them in garlic olive oil until golden brown crust was achieved. I topped with cheddar cheese, salsa and sour cream. I "liked" them, but want something more. Do any of you have any black bean burger recipes you have tried and LOVE?

My S/O is a very picky man. He will try anything once, but he is picky on certain things. He works nights and I prepare many freezer friendly lunch items I can pull out and toss in his lunch box without him eating at Taco Bell everyday...he loves beans and I figured why not try black bean sliders. I don't know how he will take to these, but as far as me, I think they are lacking something. I want to add some items next time I make these, but was just wondering if you guys have tested any you swear by.

Thanks!!

I think it needs way more seasoning.

Garlic, cumin, adobo, cilantro, Mexican oregano come to mind

As does a hit of soy sauce or fish sauce.

Goya Sazon

Looks good, powerplant.

ShannaLee, I second the addition of cumin and cilantro. I also usually add some finely chopped jalapeno. I buy several jalapenos at a time, chop them up, freeze them on a cookie sheet and store in a freezer bag. That way I can grab however much I need without thawing the whole bag. Sometimes I add a little salsa to the beans as they're cooking.

I do love black beans, and have them all the time. :yum:

I was out of cilantro or I would have put some in. (I LOVE cilantro!!) I would have loved cumin in there, but S/O detects it he complains, so I opted to keep it simple and follow Ree's recipe. S/O and I have very very different paletes.

What if we went a different than Latain flavors?? Any thoughts?

I have a big bag of chickpeas...greek chickpea sliders may be the next meatless slider adventure...:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom