Black bean hummus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdiprincess

Senior Cook
Okay so I made some tonight... It's AMAZING!!! :chef:

I used dried black beans.. but you can use canned.. (dried, in bulk is cheaper :))
so:
1cup uncooked dried (becomes 3cups cooked or canned) black beans
2 TBSP tahini or EVOO.. but the Tahini is what gives it the Middle eastern Flare per 1cup of beans
garlic cloves.. however many to taste
ground red pepper.. to taste
salt...to taste..
a bit of water (or lemon, lime juice).. to thin it out a bit.
onion powder...to taste
chili powder...to taste
1/2 plum tomato chunked up

throw the cooked beans and everything else, minus the water. Start mixing, add water as necessary to thin it out... I ended up using just under 1/2cup..
This is REALLY REALLY REALLY YUMMY!!! I'm enjoying it with a bunch of veggies!! Its sooo good!!! and store in the fridge

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had black bean hummus in a local restaurant but this is going to inspire me to make it at home!

Thanks for posting this - it is saved! :chef:

oh.. it is SOOOOO easy to make!!! if you do canned its easier..
but even cooking isn't so bad.. I soaked the beans overnight.. and then cooked them for a little less than an hour.. but I soaked them longer than overnight.. so that may have made a difference.. and then just throw everything into a processor (or blender) its easy and it TASTES AMAZING..
a friend mentioned cooking ground lamb and the hummus as the base and then the lamb on top.. I'll try it and then post if its any good :)

it is really good... although.. what is the right thickness for a hummus.. this was a bit thicker.. adding more water would help... but let me know as this is the first time I've made hummus so I'm new to it... LOL... so let me know :)

Back
Top Bottom