Breakfast Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
use it for a breakfast dish
*this will serve 1-2 people
what you need...
ABOUT 1/2 TO 1 CUP RICE depending on how
much you have left over.
2 EGGS BEAT GOOD
1/2 CUP COOKED CRUMBLED BACON,SAUSAGE,OR HAM(may be omitted)
1/3 CUP DICED ONION AND GREEN BELL PEPPER (can be omitted)
SALT/ PEPPER
* CHEESE FOR TOPPING IF YOU LIKE...
2 tbs butter/margerine
what to do:
melt butter not burn add rice and other ingriedients
expect for the cheese
cook untill eggs are done
cover with cheese let melt...
:chef:

My mother used to give me a bowl of rice with milk, sugar and nutmeg....I guess it was like soft rice pudding.

That's riiiight, Mom. Feed the baby the leftovers! :LOL:

My XMIL is Japanese and she introduced me to rice with an egg (over easy or sunnyside up) on top and sprinkled with Soy Sauce. Boy I haven't had that in a long time........think I'll have to make me some soon.

Leftover rice can be made into rice patties, that are first seasoned with a bit of salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Then, if you have long-grain rice, add a bit of AP-flour and a tbs. or so of water to make the grains adhere to each other. From teh mixture into patties and fry on a lightly oiled slippery pan. You can add sausage peices to the rice if you want.

You can also fry the rice loose and add fresh sweet peas, water chestnuts, a bit of light soy sauce, sliced carrots, diced onion and/or chives, etc. Mix in some pre-cooked scrambled egg and a bit of diced meat or poultry. Make a fried rice with stirfry veggies. Use a bit of Chinese 5-spice powder in this dish.

Cooked rice can be used to make amazing stuffings for poultry, especially cornish game hens. Just add butter, seasonings, celery, onion, chopped pecans, walnuts, or chestnuts, and a bit of good chicken woup base. Stuff the bird with it and bake until the hens are completely cooked through (160 degrees F. before removing from the oven).

So there's a couple of ideas for your rice. You can make it into so many things, like spanish rice, in soups, to stuff tortilla shells, etc.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom