"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 04-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Well PA, I haven't been around very long and am doing the rounds. It looks like I have a lot to see around here. Thanks for the great recipe, and the other great ideas from everyone here.

Aad Sach Sing

- "History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire
- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
BrianMorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMorin
Well PA, I haven't been around very long and am doing the rounds. It looks like I have a lot to see around here. Thanks for the great recipe, and the other great ideas from everyone here.
Brian,
you have to give this recipe a try, it is fantastic. We had it and we all just raved about it. My kids are meat eaters and they ate very little of the pork tenderloin I had with this, just ate and ate the dumplings and green salad. Pa Baker outdid herself with this beauty.

kadesma

Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #13
Executive Chef

PA,I made them in Texas where I worked last winter for 2 months Nov & Dec going 9 years now on this job they were delicious they are alot of work but the fact that you can make them ahead and boil them saves alot of time.So I made them a day ahead and fried up the next night.
Did not make pork but if I remember right it was probably a veal tenderloin.
Any way it was a hit.I did have some problems with how loose the dough was and added alot more flour and no matter how much I added it was still loose but I did not want them stiff with flour cuz I thought I might end up with hockey pucks so I went ahead and froze them and then boiled.Can you tell me what I did wrong or is it normal for the dough to be that loose?
Thanks alot for the recipe.
JP
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
PA,I made them in Texas where I worked last winter for 2 months Nov & Dec going 9 years now on this job they were delicious they are alot of work but the fact that you can make them ahead and boil them saves alot of time.So I made them a day ahead and fried up the next night.
Did not make pork but if I remember right it was probably a veal tenderloin.
Any way it was a hit.I did have some problems with how loose the dough was and added alot more flour and no matter how much I added it was still loose but I did not want them stiff with flour cuz I thought I might end up with hockey pucks so I went ahead and froze them and then boiled.Can you tell me what I did wrong or is it normal for the dough to be that loose?
Thanks alot for the recipe.
JP
JP,
my dough was loose too, I added more flour then stopped cause I didn't want that flour taste to over power them. I chilled them well then went on with the recipe. Lot of work but I've done it twice now and will make them again. They were great.

kadesma
Old 04-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #15
Head Chef

WHOA! Those sound incredible, PA!

I'm lo-carbing at the moment, but I've copied and pasted for the day that I say "ah, what the heck" and make them. In the meantime, I've sent the recipe to a friend so I can enjoy them vicariously through him.

Lee
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSis
WHOA! Those sound incredible, PA!

I'm lo-carbing at the moment, but I've copied and pasted for the day that I say "ah, what the heck" and make them. In the meantime, I've sent the recipe to a friend so I can enjoy them vicariously through him.

Lee
Lee, this is one you have to avoid on low carb Cause like the chips ya can't eat just one. These things are fantastic..Hope that ah heck day comes soon

kadesma
Old 04-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to BrianMorin Send a message via Yahoo to BrianMorin Send a message via Skype™ to BrianMorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Brian,
you have to give this recipe a try, it is fantastic. We had it and we all just raved about it. My kids are meat eaters and they ate very little of the pork tenderloin I had with this, just ate and ate the dumplings and green salad. Pa Baker outdid herself with this beauty.

kadesma
Ok, twist my arm already! We will have it! If I can find the time, this week-end.

Regards

Aad Sach Sing

- Quis cusodiet ipsos custodes? - Who will guarde the guards? (Latin expression)
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #18
Senior Cook

Mushroom Gnocchi Gratin

I think this sauce might be too much with these gnocchi?

Aad Sach Sing

Old 04-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Ok, twist my arm already! We will have it! If I can find the time, this week-end.

Regards
I'm twisting Brian, I'm twisting

kadesma
Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Mushroom Gnocchi Gratin

I think this sauce might be too much with these gnocchi?
Brian, I think this sauce would be just fine with the dumplings,but first I'd try it with just a brown butter sage sauce on it. You will find the dumpling a tiny bit sweet and taste the squash flavor. Both would work, pick one, use it and then try the other..Get the best of both worlds

kadesma

Tags
None