Butternut Dumplings with Brown Butter and Sage--TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kadesma said:
Bri said:
Originally Posted by BrianMorin
Ok, twist my arm already! We will have it! If I can find the time, this week-end.

Regards
:LOL: I'm twisting Brian, I'm twisting:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Ooohh! Ooohh! Ooohh! Ok that hurts too much, I give in... :chef: :LOL:

Have a great evening.

My sister lives on a farm and, every year I fill my trunk with acorn, butternut, hubbard and spaghetti squash and pumpkin. I will have to add this to my winter squash-fest. Thank You

You know kadesma what I think I'm going to do with the dumplings, since they naturally have so much liquid in them, I'm going to add some guar gum. It would only take about .5 to 1 ml of guar gum to suck up that extra moisture??? I'll try it out and let you know. I still seem to be on scedule for this week-end. I have to get my spumoni going first. That will take a few days as I have to make three ice creams and I only have a 1 liter freezable bucket type of ice cream maker.

Bye for now.

vyapti said:
My sister lives on a farm and, every year I fill my trunk with acorn, butternut, hubbard and spaghetti squash and pumpkin. I will have to add this to my winter squash-fest. Thank You

Sounds like a very productive way to take advantage of a windfall. :chef:

BrianMorin said:
You know kadesma what I think I'm going to do with the dumplings, since they naturally have so much liquid in them, I'm going to add some guar gum. It would only take about .5 to 1 ml of guar gum to suck up that extra moisture??? I'll try it out and let you know. I still seem to be on scedule for this week-end. I have to get my spumoni going first. That will take a few days as I have to make three ice creams and I only have a 1 liter freezable bucket type of ice cream maker.

Bye for now.
Bri,
let me know how your spumoni turns out. My DH adores spumoni and we can get it but i'ts not filled with nuts and candied fruit nor does it have that lovely taste of rum..I'd love to surprise him with some homemade.
and yes let me know about the guar gum, I don't mind the moistness, it's just a little harder to work with.

kadesma

kadesma said:
Bri,
let me know how your spumoni turns out. My DH adores spumoni and we can get it but i'ts not filled with nuts and candied fruit nor does it have that lovely taste of rum..I'd love to surprise him with some homemade.

I'm posting my exploites on spumoni this address @ Spumoni

Hope to see you there.

kadesma said:
and yes let me know about the guar gum, I don't mind the moistness, it's just a little harder to work with.

kadesma

Well, ok, I'll give it some thought if I want to put up with the moisture or if I just want to through in some guar gum. I can wait till the last minute to deside. Thanks

jpmcgrew said:
:) Im wondering if a a small portion scoop the ones with the springs might work in making these dumplings?

I only have a large scoop, so I'll have to do it by hand. :ohmy:

kadesma said:
Bri,
kadesma

Here is where you will find the continuing saga of the "Spimoni Recipe" by Bri :chef:

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Just got up from the table after having savoured a meal of butternut squach gnocchi and bethzaring cornbread. Oh, I should add that Suzanne, being part Sicilian and having eatten her Nona's gnocchi, said that this recipe was much lighter that the more traditional. Although her Nona was Sicilian I believe she made a more northern Italian type of gnocchi, as she added potatos.

Now I know I was warned, but one can not be warned enough, this recipe is not for the faint of hart. If you aren't ready to roll out a close to liquid batter, well I suggest you don't try this ar home kids. But as far as, was it worth it? No joke, it was great. I also have enough in the freezer to last for a while. :chef:

Thanks all for the recipies...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom