"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 07-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i think she has the strangest eyes and or make-up on them, don't you. i like the funny guy, forgot his name. hope he wins.

babe
And lest we not forget her Wilma Flintstone beads.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:25 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
Robo... do you call Beef Stew a braise?
No, I call it beef stew. But, I may use braising in the various stages of said finished stew, depending on the cut of meat I have to use.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
I don't know about you, but I really am not a fan of canned beans, except in a pinch. I always think I can still taste the can! and I really dislike that goop that is always in the bottom.
You won't have that problem if you put the beans in a colander and wash them off with cold water.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 PM   #34
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
You won't have that problem if you put the beans in a colander and wash them off with cold water.
I do that, Constance, but that goop still grosses me out. Don't know why.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:38 PM   #35
Executive Chef

it still puzzles me that BF liked her cassoulet so much, that seemed weird to me but as has been said, maybe hes not had that many cassoulets.

her eyes to me are different as is her hair and style, you just gotta like someone all the way around to make them the next food network star, at least for me to watch them. i taped amys show and honestly found it boring to the hilt. no pazzazz, no personality, not even recipes id want to deplicate. washing my face this morning made me think a person winning this has to have the whole package and its a big package.

apologize for this typing, the keys in gua hotel are different from what im used to.

i am not a fan of the goop that congregates around the bottom of stuff either regarding beans and that is a big drawback for my husband who is not a fan of beans for the most part. the slime grosses him out which is why i was so happy to realize i could rinse them until it was gone.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #36
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
it still puzzles me that BF liked her cassoulet so much, that seemed weird to me but as has been said, maybe hes not had that many cassoulets...

Consider the possibility that he said that for the benefit of the show and the drama/selection process to make her performance close to that of other participants so they could justify keeping her.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Well, let's look at the Next food network star track record. year one: two caterers win it and do two short series of shows. No big star item there. year two: Guy Fierri, a dude with outsize looks and personality wins and takes off, less on his cooking than on his personality. Guy's big bite is dull, but Diners DriveIns and Dives is a hit. Last year the one who almost gave up wins and never hit the air to my knowledge, or had a pilot that bombed. Maybe someone knows more about that.

So looking at who's left this year, two bbq guys (and FTV already has the Neely's!) and a singing? (what key was that in?) gourmet? Silly me, I liked her Wilma Flintstone beads, but that's about all.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #38
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo410 View Post
Well, let's look at the Next food network star track record. year one: two caterers win it and do two short series of shows. No big star item there. year two: Guy Fierri, a dude with outsize looks and personality wins and takes off, less on his cooking than on his personality. Guy's big bite is dull, but Diners DriveIns and Dives is a hit. Last year the one who almost gave up wins and never hit the air to my knowledge, or had a pilot that bombed. Maybe someone knows more about that.

So looking at who's left this year, two bbq guys (and FTV already has the Neely's!) and a singing? (what key was that in?) gourmet? Silly me, I liked her Wilma Flintstone beads, but that's about all.
I LOVE Guy and Guy's Big Bite. I have every ep on DVD and watch them. He's on every day now and I watch every day. I love him.

Amy, last years winner had a 6 week run and it bombed. She likely won't be back, but there's no way to know at this point. They do new shows all the time.

I like a very limited number of FN host, coincidentally the only ones I like are the men. There is not a female on the FN that I'll bother with. Not Rachael, not Paula, not Amber, not that "Cooking for Real" chick, not the Neelys (they are horrid IMO). I only like the men. Tyler, Bobby, Danny, Guy, and Michael. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem like the guys have to try too hard, unlike the women.

Interestingly enough, the fan vote which doesn't mean anything this year, is going toward Kelsey. If she hadn't screwed up and said "Culinary school" one time too many for Bob's taste, she'd likely still be there and Lisa would be gone.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #39
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto in NC View Post
I LOVE Guy and Guy's Big Bite. I have every ep on DVD and watch them. He's on every day now and I watch every day. I love him.

Amy, last years winner had a 6 week run and it bombed. She likely won't be back, but there's no way to know at this point. They do new shows all the time.

I like a very limited number of FN host, coincidentally the only ones I like are the men. There is not a female on the FN that I'll bother with. Not Rachael, not Paula, not Amber, not that "Cooking for Real" chick, not the Neelys (they are horrid IMO). I only like the men. Tyler, Bobby, Danny, Guy, and Michael. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem like the guys have to try too hard, unlike the women.

Interestingly enough, the fan vote which doesn't mean anything this year, is going toward Kelsey. If she hadn't screwed up and said "Culinary school" one time too many for Bob's taste, she'd likely still be there and Lisa would be gone.
ditto on the neelys, to much togetherness for me.

babe
Old 07-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Did Amy really have 6 shows? and they aired them? I saw the advert and went to watch and it wasn't there and the on line guide on FoodTV said no shows were in production. Wow, I missed it fer sure.

Of the ladies I like Barefoot Ina and Mario's sous chef Secrets of a Restaurant Chef. When I first saw Ina I have to admit I thought, "what is she taking!!!" but I've gotten used to her style. I feel Paula and Rachel are sincere, but I don't care for their style. My loss.

Tyler Jamie Michael C and Mario, and a Little Bobby plus Iron Chef. On the Green Network Emeril is doing a very laid back Emeril Green with Whole Foods Market and it's quite a show!

Tags
None