"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #51
Executive Chef

It sounds wonderful, Breezy. Would you consider sharing your recipe? I've never made one myself but I loved the ones I had in France. Also, if you have any hints or tips on making it, that would be great.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:11 PM   #52
Master Chef

Fisher's Mom - I'd be happy to. I have to say that I really did pat myself on the back & bask in the glory when folks who had the real deal (with goose confit, pork, & lamb) really enjoyed my version. And a big plus? My version is healthier (although I didn't tell anyone that - lol!!).

Anyway - I'll definitely post it, but just give me a little slack. I don't have the recipe typed up on my computer & I have a hefty plate for the weekend. But I won't forget!! And thanks for asking.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #53
Assistant Cook

LOL - you are right about what you said. It isn't that I don't know that. The ones from Toulouse, etc., are hearty like yours. This one with only fava beans and duck confit is more mild and I just am trying to get it less salty.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #54
Assistant Cook

Oh : ) and I have been to France and had the 'real thing' - this one is the real thing from Chef Daguin in Auch. Yours sounds great too.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #55
Executive Chef

Thanks a million, Breezy! No rush - I've learned that good things come to those who wait! I got a picture in my head of your table - I'm going to serve mine in a big terracotta baker I have, too! If I get good at it, I think it would be a lovely meal to serve on New Year's Eve just after midnight!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #56
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Wade View Post
LOL - you are right about what you said. It isn't that I don't know that. The ones from Toulouse, etc., are hearty like yours. This one with only fava beans and duck confit is more mild and I just am trying to get it less salty.
Joan, I find all prepared chicken stocks too salty. I make mine without salt, so its easier to adjust seasoning for dishes such as this.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #57
Executive Chef

Breezy, whenever you feel the time is right, I'd love your recipe. I have the terra cotta pot too, on my hearth and ready to go, just needs the cassoulet

Tags
None