Cheeseburger Macaroni: Need some Ideas and Recipes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you added some great stuff to it!!!! I can't wait to make it again and use your recipe. Thanks for trying it and at least now you have a reference point to start experimenting! :chef:

Okay let me work it out as I don't measure much of anything when it comes to comfort food! lol

Hmmmmmmmm . . . . . . some good ideas here. I love Velveeta mac & cheese, and if you like it, that's be the place to start. I'm on board with cooking onions and garlic when you brown the ground beef. Maybe some salt & pepper too, and other seasonings to taste. The pasta, beef, onion, and garlic all mixed together with the Velveeta ought to work just fine, bake or no bake.

I'd play with some other seasonings as well. I'm a big fan of Emeril's Southwestern Essence, which added to this would make Southwestern Cheeseburger Macaroni. I knew a guy that was a big fan of red pepper and cayenne, and put crushed red pepper and cayenne in just about everything.

Emeril's Essence (all varieties) is available at grocers, or the recipe(s) are available via Food Network.com or Emeril's website.

This is not inteded as a promo for Emeril. It's just a multi purpose seasoning I prefer.

The ingredients in Emeril's Southwest Seasoning mix ... salt, paprika, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper and granulated garlic ... would be :)great spicy additions to your hamburger/onion starter. I definitely need to buy this stuff and keep it on my shelf!

:chef:Dakota

Mylegsbig said:
aye onions and garlic cheddar and velveeta, hamburger meat, salt, pepper, mustard powder, all ive thought of so far

i def was thinkin cheddar and velveeta

good call

If you're going to use Velveeta, you might as well just use the box mix. Velveeta is just as processed as the box Cheeseburger Macaroni. You said you don't want to use the "crap" in the box mix... try making it completely healthy and use only real, whole (non-processed) foods. :chef: You can use a creamy havarti or fontina combined with the cheddar to make a nice creamy cheese sauce instead of processed cheese. Of course the "taste" you are thinking of that you like so much could be all of the chemicals in the mix. :-p

worcestershire sauce ... very important flavoring for these dishes, along with a dijon or whole grain mustard as stated by others

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom