Chick pea question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redkitty

Executive Chef
Help! I soaked 1/2 cup of beans in water overnight. Now, how long do I need to cook them? I cant find this anywhere, most recipes used canned beans.

:( Anyhelp greatly appreciated!!

If you boil stuff regularly then a pressure cooker would be a good investment. The chickpeas would take 20 mins to boil in it. You should find it at an Indian store.

Shaheen said:
If you boil stuff regularly then a pressure cooker would be a good investment. The chickpeas would take 20 mins to boil in it. You should find it at an Indian store.

If you use a pressure cooker be sure and add a couple TBS of oil. This helps GREATLY reduce the foam, which can clog the vents of a pressure cooker. Clogged vents are NOT a good thing :chef:

I've never eaten fresh chickpeas..where does one find them?

(Miss Kitty, you need to free up some PM space. I have VIP information for you):chef:

Uncle Bob said:
I've never eaten fresh chickpeas..where does one find them?

(Miss Kitty, you need to free up some PM space. I have VIP information for you):chef:

I deleted some messages, so send away!

You can buy dry chickpeas, thats what I do instead of buying them in a can. ;)

IIRC, isn`t there some sort of recipe where you blitz them all up in blender to a paste and use that with some other things and cook it?
I`ve long forgoten the name and indeed the recipe, I think there`s also a Dip you can make too?

Garbanzos in Spanish, delicious in any language.

I have to say that for just a cup's worth, I'd have been lazy and opened up a jar of pre-cooked ones. Good on you for cooking them from scratch.

Snoop Puss, I am with you. I purchase the pre-cooked ones. I usually rinse and rise and then add fresh water and let heat. Remove the liquid which I don't like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom