Chow Ciao

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
Fabio even if he is not a good cook, I never tasted his food so I simply do not know, if there is alwasy people who are for or aginst, he is fabulous, no pan intended of presenting his ideas. Well at least funny.

Anyways he was making this vegy lasagna and he used fress noodles, they were wide enough to cover the whole pan, they looked machine made. I have never seen pasta like that anywhere. Does anybody know/ have seen pasta that is that big?

If you want, I'll find the link to the show I am talking about.

Charlie, you can buy non cooking lasagna in a package. It is recommend by ATK to soak them first in hot water to soften them. Barilla makes a kosher one, but it is not as wide as other brands. It has a circled "U" on the package. Yet it is wider than the ones you have to completely cook first. There are other brands that make non cooking lasagna sheets, but I don't know if they are kosher.

I think the sheets you saw Fabio use, were probably fresh made by him. But you have to remember that equipmet in a professional kitchen is designed to handle and make food in larger amounts. It would be too time consuming for a pro chef to make pasta with a maching designed to be used in a home. :angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom