Cole Slaw & beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Bubba, I cooked A boston butt at my friends house today. I used the "low and slow" method. 225F for like 4 hours. It has been raining nonstop, otherwise I would have smoked it. Turned out great!
After it was done, I forked it (I said FORK), and we all gathered in the kitchen. I was up first! I put the meat on my bun. Then I slopped on my favorite BBQ sauce. Then I placed about A half cup of slaw on it. Hey, what are you doing- yuck, my friend said. I replied, thats how your supposed to do it! Wisconsin is the BBQ capitol of the world! (just kidding Bubba! lol). It was different, but I will never have A pork BBQ sandwich without slaw on it again!

I don't think we are on the same page Bubba..LOL mine has the cabbage that sits in salt water for 30 min. then after the mixture of vinigar,sugar celery seed and water cools you pour it over the grated carrot, chopped bell pepper and the drained cabbage..(squeze the water & salt out of the cabbage first)
Sound familiar?
Dove

Dove;
I have had slaw made that way and love it as well! In Pennsylvania I had a Pennsylvania Dutch slaw that was full of strange spices...loved it too!

Yes we do! Cooking BBQ is a method of cooking, not what you are cooking on! Here is bbq sandwhich with bbq slaw.

Qsamich.jpg

Here is the bbq slaw. Slaw that you put on a bbq sandwhich. This slaw is marinated.

bbqslaw.JPG

Had one yesterday. Will probably have a bbq tater tonight.

Back
Top Bottom