Cooking rice with the “pasta method”

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Pilipina ex-wife introduced me to the rice cooker over 30 years ago and I have never looked back. My current rice cooker not only makes perfect rice every time with no pot watching; it also steams vegetables, dumplings etc.; slow cooks;, and makes perfect steel cut oatmeal while I shower!

Last edited:
I was given a Cuisinart rice cooker about 5 or 6 years ago. It has yet to come out of the box. We don't eat rice very often since my wife got food poisoning from some brown rice from a sushi place.

I miss a good yellow Spanish rice that is well seasoned with bay leaves, an has peas and bits of red bell pepper in it.

I have three different types rice at home, one need to be cook at simmer for 15 min , another need to be at the lowest setting after it boiled and the third needs to get bath and then leave for 30 min in cold water before you can cook and it needs to go into hot water.

I have three different types rice at home, one need to be cook at simmer for 15 min , another need to be at the lowest setting after it boiled and the third needs to get bath and then leave for 30 min in cold water before you can cook and it needs to go into hot water.

Same here, we keep 3 different types also. Our rice cooker has different settings for each type of rice and does its thing accordingly. Brown rice and sticky, short grain rice take the longest to cook.

We have 5 or 6 kinds of rice on hand. Right now we are out of Forbidden rice.

Back
Top Bottom