"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #11
Head Chef

Cream of Wheat, Semolina, Farina---- same product used in different ways. Here's one collection of Moroccan recipes.

Moroccan Recipes with Semolina (Smida)

Old 04-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
Master Chef

Well, I'm back home. Surgery went well. There was only one problem. They could not wake me up from anastesia (SP?). so there was just a little bit of excitment in recovery room. Took them, oh about 2 or 3 extra hours. You can imagine how my wife was feeling during that time. Thank G-d I am OK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Well, I'm back home. Surgery went well. There was only one problem. They could not wake me up from anastesia (SP?). so there was just a little bit of excitment in recovery room. Took them, oh about 2 or 3 extra hours. You can imagine how my wife was feeling during that time. Thank G-d I am OK.

Yeah, that would add some unwanted excitement. Glad to read that you are doing well.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #14
Master Chef

That must have been scary. So glad to hear the procedure is done. Hoping for a speedy recovery, Charlie.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post

Oh dear! Well, you've been working too hard and apparently needed the extra sleep.

Glad to have you back, Charlie!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #16
Master Chef

Him. How did I manage to put this in the wrong thread?,Admin, can you please move that. Is it even possible toove only few posts?

Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #17
Head Chef

CharlieD---- glad you're o.k. now. And wrong thread or not----it's good to hear from you.

Tags
beef and cream of wheat, cream, recipe, wheat

Cream of Wheat my way Sorry, this really is more about the cream of wheat rather than the beef, but I just was not sure what forum to put this in. To say that I hate the cream of wheat in its original form, per recipe on the box, is like to say nothing. I hate it with passion. Doesn’t mean I do not eat it. The other day, before I end up in the emergency room with my kidney stones, I had make plans to make pierogies and specifically for that reason made a simple beef stew (pictures below). Of course after I spent 2 days plus in the hospital, pierogies were not on my mind. It took other couple-tree days for me to remember that I had meat seating in the refrigerator and that it was going to go bad. My youngest loves cream of wheat, (hm maybe I should have DNA checked to see if she is mine, she looks nothing like me :lol: :wink:), so I decided to borrow some. This I s what you do: 1 cup of water or the soup, I used liquid from stew, that is the best 1 cup of cream of wheat Salt and pepper to taste. Sauté the cream of wheat in a dry pan until it is somewhat golden/brownish. Bring the liquid to boil, add salt and pepper, poor the cream of wheat into the pot, be careful it will be splashing all over. Do it over the sink, or maybe even turn of water couple minutes before. Stir well, cook per box instruction. I usually buy 1 or 2 minutes ready kind. Taste for salt/pepper, stir few times. Done. Serve as a side dish. 3 stars 1 reviews