"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #1
Master Chef

Dad's Goulash

I do have ny Dad's goulash recipe, as reqested
It took me a while to figure it out, as he never gave it to me.

Ingredients:
1. 2 cups rotini noodles
2. 1 1/2cup tomato puree
3. 1 1/2 cup diced tomato
4. 1. green pepper, seeded and divedfy6
5. 1 yellow onion, peeled and rough chop
6. 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
7. 3 bay leaves
8. 1 tsp. Dried oregano
9. 1 tsp. Dried sweet basil
10. 1/2 tsp. Salt
11. 1 tsp. Black pepper
12. 2 lbs. Ground beef
13. 2 cups chopped button mushrooms
14. 1 cup water
15. 1 tsp. Butter
Q6. 6 oz tomato paste

Place the butter into a heavy dutch oven. Add the onio, green pepper, an garlic. Saute over medium heat until onion is sofyened. Add the herbs and salt, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the groun beef and brow, breaking it into chunks, but not pulverizing it. When it is loghtly browned, add the tomato products and mushrooms. Stir and let simmer for ten minutes. Put the noodles into the dutch oven. Cover and cook for20 minutes. Trst the goulash and corre t the seasonings. Platr, and top with grated paresan cheese.

As a teen, walking in from sitting all day in frigid temperatures in the woods, to a warm, albeit cramped hunting trailor, filled with the aroma of goulash, i was in heave. The trailor was toasty, the freids weretrue freinds, and the food was steaming hot, and delicious.
Maybe the goulash. As great as it was. was even better in those suroundings. But i do believe that cooking the pasta in the sauce really made the dish better. And the rotoni noodles had enogh texture and flavor to stand up to the rich sauce. Also, it held the sauce well. Hope you like this recipe.

Sereeeya: Chief Longwind of the North

Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garlic, onion, recipe, rotini, tomao peppers

Dad's Goulash I do have ny Dad's goulash recipe, as reqested It took me a while to figure it out, as he never gave it to me. Ingredients: 1. 2 cups rotini noodles 2. 1 1/2cup tomato puree 3. 1 1/2 cup diced tomato 4. 1. green pepper, seeded and divedfy6 5. 1 yellow onion, peeled and rough chop 6. 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced 7. 3 bay leaves 8. 1 tsp. Dried oregano 9. 1 tsp. Dried sweet basil 10. 1/2 tsp. Salt 11. 1 tsp. Black pepper 12. 2 lbs. Ground beef 13. 2 cups chopped button mushrooms 14. 1 cup water 15. 1 tsp. Butter Q6. 6 oz tomato paste Place the butter into a heavy dutch oven. Add the onio, green pepper, an garlic. Saute over medium heat until onion is sofyened. Add the herbs and salt, and cook for 3 minutes. Add the groun beef and brow, breaking it into chunks, but not pulverizing it. When it is loghtly browned, add the tomato products and mushrooms. Stir and let simmer for ten minutes. Put the noodles into the dutch oven. Cover and cook for20 minutes. Trst the goulash and corre t the seasonings. Platr, and top with grated paresan cheese. As a teen, walking in from sitting all day in frigid temperatures in the woods, to a warm, albeit cramped hunting trailor, filled with the aroma of goulash, i was in heave. The trailor was toasty, the freids weretrue freinds, and the food was steaming hot, and delicious. Maybe the goulash. As great as it was. was even better in those suroundings. But i do believe that cooking the pasta in the sauce really made the dish better. And the rotoni noodles had enogh texture and flavor to stand up to the rich sauce. Also, it held the sauce well. Hope you like this recipe. Sereeeya: Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews