Everyone loves Ramen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always cook the noodles in the MW for 3 minutes and then let them sit for an hour or so. They absorb a lot of water/broth. The noodles get all huge and (to me) much more appealing.

Does anyone else let them absorb the water first, before eating them?

No. I did once by accident. I didn't like them as well, but then again I don't like soggy crackers in my soup either.

When I was a kid, I loved "Captain Crunch", but I let it get soggy in the milk before I would eat it. I guess I like some foods soggy and plumped up with it's liquid.

When I was a kid, I loved "Captain Crunch", but I let it get soggy in the milk before I would eat it. I guess I like some foods soggy and plumped up with it's liquid.
:huh:

I am so not with you on this one. I have to pour the milk on right before eating it, even if it is Captian Crunch and I risk the danger of tearing up the inside of my mouth. :ROFLMAO: I really don't like soggy things. :wacko:

:huh:

I am so not with you on this one. I have to pour the milk on right before eating it, even if it is Captian Crunch and I risk the danger of tearing up the inside of my mouth. :ROFLMAO: I really don't like soggy things. :wacko:

Isn't it wonderful how we each can have our own ways of loving foods?

Timothy said:
Isn't it wonderful how we each can have our own ways of loving foods?

Loving food is something we all seem to have in common! I just love that. I guess that is why we can have so much fun. :)

Loving food is something we all seem to have in common! I just love that. I guess that is why we can have so much fun. :)

Exactly! I may not like everything you like, but I will match your love for making foods with my own love for making foods. I love to cook and thankfully, I'm pretty good at it, so I also love eating my own cooking!

I don't eat it. It's full of MSG and I don't like the weird headaches I get from MSG.

I agree with you, taxlady. But I LOVE slurpy noodles, and I've wondered quite a while about REAL ramen. Because you just know there has to be a "long version" of these convenient goodies.... ;)

I just signed up for a seminar as part of my professional conference later this year where Hiroko Shimbo, a Japanese cooking teacher and cookbook author, is going to teach us how to make Ramen and several variations. I am really excited to learn that! :yum:

I don't eat it. It's full of MSG and I don't like the weird headaches I get from MSG.
The MSG is in the little packet that comes with the noodles. If you're as sensitive to MSG as I am, just leave it out and add your own seasonings.

MSG makes my heart feel like it's going to explode.

Also by tradition, no ramen shop is legitimate if it does not have a bookshelf stacked with the latest manga issues for customers to read while slurping a big bowl. roadfix, there's one in your neck across the street from Little Tokyo Village that I like, though they don't make their own noodles.

There was an amusing TV show a couple years ago in Japan, ala "Restaurant/Bar Impossible." A financially struggling ramen shop would get a make-over from a ramen expert, particularly its main recipe for men and shiru, but also for popular sides like a plate of gyoza dumplings.

In urban Japan, piping hot ramen is available for home delivery by phone.
A night nurse with a bowl of noodle & soup, making a midnight house call, I would tip generously, you betcha!

In urban Japan, piping hot ramen is available for home delivery by phone.
A night nurse with a bowl of noodle & soup, making a midnight house call, I would tip generously, you betcha!

I'm afraid to ask what the uniform should look like...:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom