Everyone loves Ramen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too dump the little pack and make my own soup version using the noodles (when I have time, not at work).

I've had a salad with cabbage with ramen noodles before. It was pretty good.

We make that on a regular basis. Thin sliced cabbage, toasted almonds and sesame seeds, crushed dry ramen noodles, and oil and vinegar dressing. The flavor packet gets mixed in with the dressing too. Mix it all together right before serving it so the dry ingredients are still crunchy. I love this salad.

And I love ramen the regular way too. There's no need to confess, as it's nothing to be ashamed of! I prefer cup-o-noodles over ramen though.

My niece learned to make this salad (also with a sprinkle of sugar to taste) in Girl Scout. At the risk of stoking some flames, "Instant ramen is endorsed by the Girl Scouts of America." heehee

I've been meaning to try this salad. Maybe some day I'll remember. But right now it seems to be my pantry critters' (I think shrews) favorite food to invade, even double-wrapped they get into it. I put the one un-invaded packet into a tupperware container, but don't have an endless supply, so no more ramen until warmer weather (when critters move back outside). It's a good warm weather stand-by anyway.

I have to make the ramen salad again too. Loved it. Sans critters.

I've always loved instant ramen, not so much cup-o-noodle. I practically ate nothing but instant ramen during college. And when I had extra funds I treated myselt to the pricier instant ramens. Those were priced around $2 per packet and that was during the 70's....:)) Today, those pricier instant noodles run anywhere between $3 to $6 per packet. But I still prefer those 19 cent Maruchan packages for the instant stuff and dress them up real good. :))

Too much MSG for me. For a while I used to throw away half of the seasoning packet. These days I just leave them all at the store. I guess I'm not "everyone."

I don't want to see Ramen on my plate! (Wait! That's a different topic!) :)

Want to start a "Night Nurse Noodle" Franchise?:LOL:

first i'd have to quit my job, go to Japan for a year or two, wash floors and dishes, before ever getting close to the stove and then maybe if I am hard working enough, maybe then I will learn how to make ramen noodles. Though in the movie, mentioned above they never do shouw how the noddles are made. Whivh is the important part. Broth I bet I could make now.

roadfix, how do you make misso? I have a pack seating in the fridge, i better use it before it goes bad.

I love Raman noodles! The way I fix them is to add the water and then Nuke them for 3 minutes adn then let it set until the water is absorbed completely. The noodles puff up nice and big and taste so good that way!

Things that I add:
Can of Hormel Chili or a can of whatever veggie my hand hits first in the pantry.
I"m never out of Raman. I buy the sixpacks of them.

I only add a can of petite peas and some butter. Salt has never been a problem for me as I seldom reach for the salt shaker. And if I do it is sea salt. Nor is MSG. Like you, I keep a six pack on hand. Great for midnight quick meals. For me, one pack is very filling. :chef:

I have to make the ramen salad again too. Loved it. Sans critters.

After easily a month of trying to trap critter, and finding the double-bagged ramen breached, I looked at that bit of the pantry, with its shreds of bags, wrappings, DROPPINGS, and noodle "crumbs", and, against all instinct (which was to, once more, remove everything from the pantry, wipe down anything critter had crawled over to get to ramen (and other kinds of pasta, seems to be the favorite food of this particular infestation)(we have them most early winters, but usually it is dog food they crave), bleach the cupboard .... I left the droppings, crumbs, etc and suggested hubby set the trap in the middle of the mess that was left. Gross, but it worked. The mouse was attracted back to the scene of his/her last triumph over humans and whack! That was last night. Cringed and suggested the same for another night (mice usually travel in couples). Husband, in frustration quit using the raw bacon and peanut butter he'd been using for a decade with great success, and used of all things, an uncooked egg noodle. Zap. If the trap comes out clean tomorrow morning, I'll remove all from the pantry and scrub everything yet one more time.

No ramen until spring unless I have extra sealed plastic containers to store them in.

Claire said:
After easily a month of trying to trap critter, and finding the double-bagged ramen breached, I looked at that bit of the pantry, with its shreds of bags, wrappings, DROPPINGS, and noodle "crumbs", and, against all instinct (which was to, once more, remove everything from the pantry, wipe down anything critter had crawled over to get to ramen (and other kinds of pasta, seems to be the favorite food of this particular infestation)(we have them most early winters, but usually it is dog food they crave), bleach the cupboard .... I left the droppings, crumbs, etc and suggested hubby set the trap in the middle of the mess that was left. Gross, but it worked. The mouse was attracted back to the scene of his/her last triumph over humans and whack! That was last night. Cringed and suggested the same for another night (mice usually travel in couples). Husband, in frustration quit using the raw bacon and peanut butter he'd been using for a decade with great success, and used of all things, an uncooked egg noodle. Zap. If the trap comes out clean tomorrow morning, I'll remove all from the pantry and scrub everything yet one more time.

No ramen until spring unless I have extra sealed plastic containers to store them in.

Yes! Success! Glad it's working, Claire!

Yeah, but I hate to open my pantry. It is a bizarre cupboard that has never been invaded before. The previous critters were not pasta lovers! Who knew a dry bit of uncooked pasta would do it. Can't wait to scrub the darned thing!

Back
Top Bottom