- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 pound of medium asparagus spears, chopped into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (I used asiago cheese b/c it is my favorite and it makes me smile) Ha!
Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots and cook for two minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes; sauté until very soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus pieces and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Stir in basil and sprinkle with pepper. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and empty into in a large pasta bowl. Add asparagus and tomato mixture, sprinkle cheese and toss well.