Favorite Bean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brooksy, the rest of the ditty:

...the more you toot
The better you feel
So let's have beans at every meal!

Every meal should involve at least two human beans. Otherwise it's just snacking.

My Dad used to say that little ditty to me when I was but a small child (you know, when the dinosaurs still roamed, about forty years ago). It wasn't until I was a teen in the 70's that I found out that "beans, beans, are good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you... The more you ..., the better you feel, so let's eat beans for every meal. ;) (I'm a mild languaged kind of guy, though that wasn't always the case).

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

For the last year, as a default it's been black beans. Only cuz my Dad (who owns a small grocery store) ordered beans and accidentally got sent black beans, which his customers don't buy. So he gave me 2 cases of black beans, probably about 20 or 30 pounds of it. :LOL: Good thing I've learned to make good cuban style black beans, refried black beans and chili! There was a ban in my house from eating any other kind of bean until we got rid of these.

i forgot 2 of my very favorites! Great Northern and black beans.
i love black beans with lots of minced garlic and a splash of red wine vinegar and white pepper. they are so good with the vinegar in them.

I love any kind of bean! I have been lucky in my life and not had beans effect me in any way, so I can eat til my tummy is full! I love a very good black bean soup. :D

Kidney and pinquinto. Obviously I'm not much of a sweets eater!!

And, oh, yes Goodweed, I remember that ditty well!!!

Back
Top Bottom