Favorite Bean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It all depends on how they are cooked and served.

I love lentil soup.
I love green beans with bacon and onion.
I love chili with red kidney beans.

I think chick peas would have to be my favorite, but I really love them all.

I am going to move this thread to the Pasta, Rice, Grains category since it also includes beans, noodles, couscous etc...

I think Mud deserves some sort of award for that. I don't even want to THINK about normal beans anymore! :LOL: Truthfully, I like them all except for lima beans. I have a terrible memory of being served lima beans and corn as part of lunch way back when I was in elementary school and it tasted like you-know-what. No offense to those who love lima beans, of course.

I like a number of beans, but guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be pinto.

Apart from vanilla because, of course, thats a given I am a big fan of kidney beans, chick peas (great in soups like minestrone or a chickpea and leek soup, and also hummous *drool*).

I also really enjoy the ham-like flavour of borlotti beans, especially in a nice risotto or just hot on slices of lightly toasted italian loaf drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with parmesan.

again, it depends on what I'm using it for. If I want something spicy, it's pinto, kidney, and black beans. If I'm in the mood for something with a lot of flavor, and sweet, it's navy beans for hacked beans. On a salad, it has to be chick peas and kidney beans.

And then we get into the deliscous cooked beans used either flavored, or unadorned such as wax beans, green beans, etc.

And in three bean salad, I love kidney beans, chik peas (garbonzo beans), and grren beans cooked until they have jsut a hint of crispness left in them.

Pork and beans were almost a staple of my youth. but I love butter beans equally well.

I had an Itallian bean, similar in shape and color to pinto beans. I didn't care for them at all. But I can't remember the name. And I've never had fava beans, not even with a liver (just a joke, only a joke).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

favorite bean?

Out of curiosity, why is a vanilla bean called a bean? Is it related botanically to a legume? Or is it NOT a bean and something else entirely and some bird brain decided to name it a vanilla bean??????! :roll:

buckytom said:
i like beans
i like beans
i like beans, but they repeat on me...

Beans Beans
The magical fruit,
The more you eat
The more you toot!

Bart Simpson

My fav beans are human beans - never boring & talk back. Wouldn't like to eat 'em tho', a bit tough.

Back
Top Bottom