Fideo HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mexican mama

Senior Cook
Im cooking Fideo/ Mexican Spaghetti for my friends and I really have no idea.share your tried and tested recipes to me plss...thanks:chef:

I don't know your menu, but I love this cooked then dressed with a package or two of chef's mushrooms sauteed with garlic and shallots in a butter/evoo mix...add salt and pepper and a dash of white wine,Tasty simple won't over power your meat,poultry, or fish.
kadesma:)

I don't know your menu, but I love this cooked then dressed with a package or two of chef's mushrooms sauteed with garlic and shallots in a butter/evoo mix...add salt and pepper and a dash of white wine,Tasty simple won't over power your meat,poultry, or fish.
kadesma:)

I will definitely consider that idea thanks

Here in Mexico, fideo is classified as a sopa seca (dry soup), which is actually a sort of casserole. We were in Michoacan a few weeks ago and stopped at a little storefront place in Uruapan for comida corrida, which is the mid-day meal, and usually includes a sopa, a main dish, a dessert and a beverage - usually agua fresca. I chose fideo as my sopa, and it was wonderful. Just the pasta, and a light tomato sauce that was a little bit creamy. My entree was albondigas and we had tres leche cake for dessert. Hubby got a milanesa de res (thin beef steak) and our companions each had chicken mole and chiles relleno. Our agua fresca was made with blackberries, and they set a big jug of it on the table. The cost? 40 pesos (about $3 USD) each! The joys of real Mexican food...I think you could duplicate the sauce with a tomato sauce, a little bit of chipotle (dried or canned) and a little bit of cream. It would almost never be baked, though...most ordinary Mexican kitchens have only a cooktop, never an oven. I'll be trying to duplicate it myself. We loved it.

info

Here in Mexico, fideo is classified as a sopa seca (dry soup), which is actually a sort of casserole. We were in Michoacan a few weeks ago and stopped at a little storefront place in Uruapan for comida corrida, which is the mid-day meal, and usually includes a sopa, a main dish, a dessert and a beverage - usually agua fresca. I chose fideo as my sopa, and it was wonderful. Just the pasta, and a light tomato sauce that was a little bit creamy. My entree was albondigas and we had tres leche cake for dessert. Hubby got a milanesa de res (thin beef steak) and our companions each had chicken mole and chiles relleno. Our agua fresca was made with blackberries, and they set a big jug of it on the table. The cost? 40 pesos (about $3 USD) each! The joys of real Mexican food...I think you could duplicate the sauce with a tomato sauce, a little bit of chipotle (dried or canned) and a little bit of cream. It would almost never be baked, though...most ordinary Mexican kitchens have only a cooktop, never an oven. I'll be trying to duplicate it myself. We loved it.

Thanks for this information...

i'm thinking i will make this and surprise my Mexican handyman and his friend. they are homeless (of their own making) and could use some comfort. he and friend have stayed here the odd night or two. i love my home and being by myself to have this repeated very many times. am i selfish?

i'm thinking i will make this and surprise my Mexican handyman and his friend. they are homeless (of their own making) and could use some comfort. he and friend have stayed here the odd night or two. i love my home and being by myself to have this repeated very many times. am i selfish?

Good idea of making it for them and i dont think your selfish,,.they must also know that they have to work hard to keep from being homeless or jobless..:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom