Fresh Homemade Pasta Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please add one more to the table? I had the most awesome lemon pasta with lightly smoked then grilled scallops one time. I think you need to try some lemon pasta. Don't you think that screams for Champagne to be served with it? I've got the bottle and I'm on my way! :chef:

I might just have to drag out my machine again - there goes my counterspace I just cleared away!

I'll second the lemon homemade pasta. Add some basil, parsley or rosemary , or herbs of choice - lemon pepper is good too. Homemeade is so good, you only need to add butter, s&p (to taste) and fresh grated Parm for your sauce.

Another twist - a little time consuming - make three diff flavors i.e. spinach (Green), tomato (Red) and Lemon (white/yellow) or plain dough. Place the three different colors/flavors side by side & run it thru the machine. After about the second or third press (tightening the rollers as you go), you'll have a striped pasta dough. You can use that for ravioli or run it thru the machine to cut spaghetti-like strands. Woila - you have a combo of flavors and colors.

Re diff shapes - try making spaetzle - prepare the dough and rub it along a box grater - the side w large holes into boiling water. Serve with butter & nutmeg.

Wonder how the dough would turn out if you added some red wine?

Bought an interesting contraption from QVC, but haven't used it yet. Basically it's a plastic cup -- you add the flour & egg, smoosh it up w an attached pestle-looking thingy. Then you can untwist and change the bottom for different shaped/sized holes and twist the dough out.

Last edited:
Another twist - a little time consuming - make three diff flavors i.e. spinach (Green), tomato (Red) and Lemon (white/yellow) or plain dough. Place the three different colors/flavors side by side & run it thru the machine. After about the second or third press (tightening the rollers as you go), you'll have a striped pasta dough. You can use that for ravioli or run it thru the machine to cut spaghetti-like strands. Woila - you have a combo of flavors and colors.

That sounds like fun.

That sounds like fun.

It looks so impressive too. Your ravioli will have a three-color striped wrapping.:chef:

Another thought is, adding pumpkin to the dough & making a butter/sage sauce.

Back
Top Bottom