"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Please add one more to the table? I had the most awesome lemon pasta with lightly smoked then grilled scallops one time. I think you need to try some lemon pasta. Don't you think that screams for Champagne to be served with it? I've got the bottle and I'm on my way!

I might just have to drag out my machine again - there goes my counterspace I just cleared away!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #42
Head Chef

I'll second the lemon homemade pasta. Add some basil, parsley or rosemary , or herbs of choice - lemon pepper is good too. Homemeade is so good, you only need to add butter, s&p (to taste) and fresh grated Parm for your sauce.

Another twist - a little time consuming - make three diff flavors i.e. spinach (Green), tomato (Red) and Lemon (white/yellow) or plain dough. Place the three different colors/flavors side by side & run it thru the machine. After about the second or third press (tightening the rollers as you go), you'll have a striped pasta dough. You can use that for ravioli or run it thru the machine to cut spaghetti-like strands. Woila - you have a combo of flavors and colors.

Re diff shapes - try making spaetzle - prepare the dough and rub it along a box grater - the side w large holes into boiling water. Serve with butter & nutmeg.

Wonder how the dough would turn out if you added some red wine?

Bought an interesting contraption from QVC, but haven't used it yet. Basically it's a plastic cup -- you add the flour & egg, smoosh it up w an attached pestle-looking thingy. Then you can untwist and change the bottom for different shaped/sized holes and twist the dough out.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #43
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
Another twist - a little time consuming - make three diff flavors i.e. spinach (Green), tomato (Red) and Lemon (white/yellow) or plain dough. Place the three different colors/flavors side by side & run it thru the machine. After about the second or third press (tightening the rollers as you go), you'll have a striped pasta dough. You can use that for ravioli or run it thru the machine to cut spaghetti-like strands. Woila - you have a combo of flavors and colors.
That sounds like fun.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #44
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
That sounds like fun.
It looks so impressive too. Your ravioli will have a three-color striped wrapping.

Another thought is, adding pumpkin to the dough & making a butter/sage sauce.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #45
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
..could be?

Italian pasta with German engineering.
Too funny---

Tags
None