"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Old 04-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
Chief Eating Officer
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
Have you written to the company to state your views on the packaging?
Nope. I have no reason to care since I have never (with one exception) used their products. If I did use them and like them then the packaging would no longer matter to me so either way it does not matter to me if they do anything about it.

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Constance View Post
Now that I'm disabled, I find that I use a lot more mixes than I used to. Some of them are very good...some are not.
I have always like Rice-a-Roni and Uncle Ben's products, and I like most of the Zatarain's mixes.
We also like "box potatoes" once in a while. DH can make the mashed potatoes taste really good, and the scalloped and au gratin potatoes aren't bad either.
True, they're all high in sodium, but I have low sodium, so it's not a problem for me, and DH has no blood pressure problems, so we don't worry about it.

Science has come a long way, and I try to have an open mind about trying new things.
i use some of the ones u mention, but have found that zatarains are just way way to salty for me. understand they have come out with lower salt but haven't tried them.

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
Master Chef
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i use some of the ones u mention, but have found that zatarains are just way way to salty for me. understand they have come out with lower salt but haven't tried them.
You are right...They are quite salty. But as I said earlier, I tend to have low sodium.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote