Halushki

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicole

Washing Up
1. head of cabbage (cut in pieces)
1. large onion (about the same size as cabbage)
salt
pepper
1 1lb. bag of Egg nooldles
2 sticks of marg.

Boil your noodles. In a frying pan add butter and melt. Add cabbage, onions, salt and pepper, Fry until soft. When onions and cabbage are soft and translucent add your noodles. Turn heat to low and simmer for about 15 min.

Last edited:
oh, my word, i LUV cabbage 'n noodles. i went to a small Catholic school and this was standard Lent fare on Fish Fry Fridays.
18.gif
except in my recipe, butter is a must. (not margarine.)

Last edited:
This sounds like a great "new" comfort food for me to try. I love cabbage and onions and butter and pasta. They have got to be great together! You're posting good things today!!

I've had cabbage and onions cooked with butter, but not with noodles. I will have to try that.

:) Barbara

sometimes I fry up a pound of bacon and mix that in aswell. It gives it a smokey flavor

I had to edit the recipe. The onions are supposed to be the same size as the cabbage, not chunks. Sorry

nicole said:
I had to edit the recipe. The onions are supposed to be the same size as the cabbage, not chunks. Sorry

I'm not sure if we can forgive you...LOL.
Either way in chunks or not
it still sounds GREAT.
I'm passing this on to some friends of mine who will
love it for sure.

I guess you can make them any size you want. i make anything cut into big chunks. That way if anyone doesn't like it they can pick it out. This is a good recipe. We make pork chops or ham with this.

pdswife1 said:
This sounds like a great "new" comfort food for me to try. I love cabbage and onions and butter and pasta. They have got to be great together! You're posting good things today!!

Add bacon to it.......yummy:!:

This sounds great Nicole. Very easy too. I might add some lemon pepper seasoning. Thank you.

Some how.. I ran of of noodles but, I made the rest of this dish last night and it was GREAT!

Back
Top Bottom