Hardly Homemade Mac'N Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Not for you cooking purists, but did you know that mixing a can of cream of mushroom soup (I use the low fat) in with your cooked blue box pasta turns it into a creamy, delicious treat?

I do now.
So you just add the can by itself? You don't thin it with milk or anything?

Uhh, thank for pointing that out :rolleyes:
I'm just thankful I don't have to dice, chop or mince anything :ermm:

Hey, I have both items in my cupboard, maybe I will try it today as well!

Personally I don't think there is much that a can of mushroom soup can't fix.

But please don't tell my chef instructors or customers I said either of these two things!:LOL:;):ohmy:

Sounds great! You could even add some browned hamburger to the mix!

I add a can of tomato soup and extra cheese. And sometimes I put it in a baking dish with bacon slices on top. That is how my kids like me to make mac and cheese.

That sounds good too, Elaine. Have you ever tried adding cut up hot dogs to that?

Mama, that's a good idea about the ground beef...and then add a can of diced tomatoes!

works good with minute rice too....
but I can't remember how to do it.....

I do...I make it just like directions and add the rest.

Constance, I have put hotdogs too. I have added salsa instead of the soup but my kids never liked the "chunks" of tomato.

But because we are all such "purists" here at Discuss Cooking the above comments were purely made up and frankly, plain ol' lies, to make Constance feel better. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Oh, and I really like..........I mean.......um.........I can imagine this with a can of those diced green chilies :ermm::innocent:

But because we are all such "purists" here at Discuss Cooking the above comments were purely made up and frankly, plain ol' lies, to make Constance feel better. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Oh, and I really like..........I mean.......um.........I can imagine this with a can of those diced green chilies :ermm::innocent:

Well, I sure appreciate your sensitivity about my feelings!

And yes, definitely use the powdered sauce. That stuff is GOOD!

I'm stumped for dinner and since we have very little around here i'm thinking about trying this. I have some steak thawing for the grill and needed a side so would adding a few strips of bacon (or chopped pieces) to the top of this and then baking it for about 15mins work? Would i have to cook the bacon 1st? would it hold together when baked? I'm thinking DH would love me more if this works out good.

ahh forget it, my cream of mush expired 3mo ago. :(

Debbie, sorry I didn't get here in time. Your cream of shroom soup would have been OK. That stuff lasts a long time after the expiration date...like at least two years.

Elaine, I fixed it with hot dogs in it for my grandson and he thought I was the best cook ever! Aren't kids great? (I ate my share too.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom