Hit me with your best Pasta dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Velochic that sounds really yummy. If I ever start growing tomatoes again, I will try it. TY :)

IcyMist said:
Well last time I made 8 pans of the stuff and sauce wouldn't fit in the crockpot. :) Had some for my niece's bridal shower, gave some away, had 12 people over for a meal and still have a lot in the freezer. I doubt I will be making it again for quite a while and since it is a little labor intense, I like to make several batches at one time.

I too make tons at one time freezes very well.

But my favorite is the seafood in a white sauce over angle hair
pretty basic all I do different is I use bacon grease instead
of butter adds a wonderful flavor.

Mediterranean Pasta

I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it is one of our favorites.

3 T. olive oil
1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced diagonally
1 8.5 ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes, julienned and drained
2 T. garlic minced
1 pound fresh angel hair pasta
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 8.5oz. can artichoke hearts, or fresh
1/2 cup calamata olives, pitted
6oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 t. dried oregano
salt and pepper

Boil water for pasta. Heat oil in a skillet and brown chicken strips until no longer pink. Add tomatoes and garlic and stir for 2 minutes. In the meantime add pasta to water and cook until al-dente.

Now add basil, artichoke, olives and feta cheese to skillet. Satue for 1 minute then stire in cream. Add pasta to sauce sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper and toss.

Brie Pasta

Combine a little olive oil in pan with brie cheese and cook over very low heat until melted. Stir constantly. Pour over cooked pasta and stir well. Add fresh cut tomatoes and shredded basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss and serve. Optional add toasted nuts.

I'm with Velochic on this one,
Nothing better than fresh out of the garden produce.
Unfortunetly I won't be able to fix this dish until the end of July or so. I just put my tomatoes in a few weeks ago. I also just planted an additional 6 plants today (to help spread out the harvest).
I do something similar to V's recipe, but I like to add hot italian sausage and a splash of red wine to the dish.

A yummy one from Marcella Hazan's son (Guilliano?):

I think he made it with farfalle, but it would be nice with any fairly delicate pasta, fresh or not.

From what I recall it was just hot pasta dressed with butter and lemon juice and freshly-grated parmesan and lemon zest.

Amazingly refreshing!

What the heck, I'll give it a go...

For a "traditional" type pasta,
crispy pan fried pancetta, sweet onion, white wine, shaved fennell, fresh peas, and lobster(or seafood of choice), bound with a little cream and parm, with paperdelle.

For a "Non-traditional" dish,
ginger, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, velvetized dark meat chicken, shrimp, whole dried red chillies(5 or 6), hoisin, pineapple juice, brocolli flowerettes, and finish with lo mien noodles. Garnished with shredded carrots and some bean sprouts. Or for an added kick, radish sprouts.

Simple be so yummy. Make some riggitoni according to the directions. Toss with your basic pesto sauce and sliced grilled chicken breasts.

Tattrat -- I'll try your "non-traditional" any day! YUM!! But tell me, please: what's "velvetized" chicken? (For that matter ... what's BDA, V.B., and VA?!)

Pdswife (and anybody else, of course, especially Bam!) -- the whole book by Hazan is really great. It's only on pasta, full of different ideas, and because it's a Doris Kindersly (sp?) book, it's really nice and fun to look at too.

Back
Top Bottom