Home made pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who makes their own Pasta?

• Total voters
I gave my hand crank away when someone bought me an electric pasta maker. I really prefer the hand crank one and will probably buy myself another one.

I have a hand crank, but often if making linguine or fettucini, I just lightly roll and cut by hand..Then on a pan with parchment paper and rice flour I nest the fresh pasta, quick freeze some for the following week and keep out that evening portion for dinner. my DH is use to walking into the kitchen draped in hanging pasta, say's it's like dodging his mom's wash on the laundry line:LOL: I never buy, what is called fresh in the grocery stores, as I find after sitting there Lord knows how long in those packages the pasta strands want to stick together, I HATE, standing there, pulling apart individual strands..so I make my own.
kadesma

cjs said:
I'm like VeraBlue - I seem to make pasta in the fall/winter months, same with most breads also. I don't do flavors much, I really should play with that sometime tho.

I made a most magnificent ravioli last christmas. I used a roasted carrot mash in the dough, and made the filling with roasted carrots and mascarpone cheese. It was amazing.

JohnL said:
I've seen the hand crank machines at the stores before R123. I was just thinking about the KA attachment because it would take up less space in my kitchen. So basically the pasta dough is made by hand and then put through the machine to thin it out and cut it into shape? Approx how long does it take to make a batch of fresh pasta for 2 people?

probably about an hour. But, do it with someone you love, and have some wine at the same time. It's more of an event rather than a chore.

"I made a most magnificent ravioli last christmas. I used a roasted carrot mash in the dough, and made the filling with roasted carrots and mascarpone cheese. It was amazing"

Is the recipe posted here? It sounds fabulous!

VeraBlue, last week I had the best ravioli - beets with goat cheese!! What a delightful combination - and I know I'll play with that - SOON!!

JohnL
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I guess about an hour is about right although I have never timed it myself. By the way my hand crank is now redundant as my new kitchen has no overhand on the work surface to attach it to. Just ordered the attachment for my kitchenAid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom