how do you prepare your shrimp scampi ?
Would enjoy hearing from those fans of this dish, as to how you prepare. Here is our lush with garlic, simple to prepare and indulgent family recipe:
SHRIMP SCAMPI WITH CAPELLINI
1/4 cup Evoo
1 pound deveined fresh large shrimp or prawns
4 large garlic cloves left unpeeled and forced through a garlic press
1/2 tsp. dried red hot chili pepper flakes
1/2 cup dry white Italian wine
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
5 tblsps. herbed butter ( basil & oregano & parsley prepared butter - see Polished Topaz´s thread on how to´s in the Dairy Section )
1 pound of Barilla Italian dry Capellini called Angel Hair in English
1/2 cup chopped finely Italian Parsley herb
1. bring an 8 quart pot of salted water to boil
2. heat the Evoo in a 12 Inch heavy skillet over moderate to high heat until hot, however, not smoking and sauté the shrimp, turning over only once, until just cooked through ( light coral rose ) about 2 minutes in total
3. transfer the shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl
4. add garlic to the same skillet along with the red chili pepper flakes, white wine, salt and black pepper and cook over high heat stirring 1 minute
5. add the butter to the skillet and stir in the shrimp and remove skillet from the stove
6. cook the angel hair until just tender 3 minutes
7. reserve 1 cup capellini cooking water
8. drain angel hair in a colander
9. toss the capellini well with the shrimp and chopped parsley in large bowl and add "a little little bit" ( 1 or 2 tblsps ) of the capellini cooking water
SERVE with crusty hot oven baked bread, or hot garlic bread, a Prosecco white sparkling wine or Italian dry white still wine; and Pecorino or freshly grated Reggio Parmesan Parmigiana cheese *** optional.
ENJOY ... and set a place for intrigue, serve a viewpoint and a wonderful fact, and simmer a good uplifting conversation by candle light.
Our Adage: At the table, one is always happy, or do not sit down.