Ideas anyone (spaghetti or penne)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i tried to post a chart for matching pastas to sauces, but it didn't work...:mad:

will try again later.

Your pasta is probably gone by now, but here's one I've had on my fridge to make (& because I love the pic :) ). Bottled dressing is another quick way to go. A site I like is ilovepasta. Take a peek & see what you think.

Caesar Shrimp and Pasta Serves 4

8 oz. Ziti, Mostaccioli or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
3 cups broccoli florets
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. bottled light Caesar salad dressing
12 oz. uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen
1/4 tsp. crushed red hot pepper flakes
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese

Caesar_Shrimp_Pasta.jpg

Prepare pasta according to package directions; three minutes before pasta is done, add broccoli florets. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of the dressing in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and pepper flakes; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until shrimp is opaque. Drain pasta and broccoli; transfer to a serving bowl. Add remaining 1/3 cup dressing and shrimp mixture; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Each Serving Provides:372 Calories24.3 g Protein46.6 g Carbohydrates9.2 g Fat131 mg Cholesterol825 mg SodiumCalories from Fat: 23%

The National Pasta Association is dedicated to providing good-tasting, convenient, accurate recipes to the public. To ensure that our pasta recipes meet your high standards, each recipe is tested in our test kitchen. Whenever you see the NPA Test Kitchen Logo with a recipe, you can be assured that the recipe was tested by a professional recipe tester and was a success.​

My tummy is growling. This looks YUMMY! I happen to have some shrimp I bought this week on sale, I am going to try this either Monday or Tuesday. Thanks mish. As always, your recipes speak to me.

Hi Alix. This one was just calling my name. Nice light summer ez dish. Hope you like it. I've got a bunch of shrimp in the freezer too. It's going to be another hot one this week, so hoping I'll get to this one soon.

When I realized I was out of Caesar dressing, I had to pour Ranch over it instead. It was, uh, interesting? I know I'll like it when I have the right ingredients. Some days I'm lucky if I don't put my pantyhose on over my head. Glad you liked it Alix. :)

Hee Hee. I would have settled for Italian...but what can I tell you. For now I'm sticking with pizza. HA.

buckytom said:
i tried to post a chart for matching pastas to sauces, but it didn't work...:mad:

will try again later.

Did you try it again? I have been looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom