ISO favorite quinoa recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sprout,

Since quinoa is a bland grain, transparent of color actually in its natural form, perhaps the Peruvian Industry is preparing it like pasta, where in the vegetables are added to color the grains. Red is probably tomato or chili pepper and the black could be squid. It is a possibility though I have not seen this here in Madrid. It is on 7 Peruvian Restaurant menus.

Ciao,
Margi.

No, the quinoa is white, red and black seeds. No coloring added. I have seen it and bought it myself in bulk form. I have never seen transparent, they must remove the hull for those.

I like the red over the white/yellow. It has a nuttier taste. I adore the black, but I can't seem to find it here. My bro brought it back from SA and shared a wee bit with me.

I like the red over the white/yellow. It has a nuttier taste. I adore the black, but I can't seem to find it here. My bro brought it back from SA and shared a wee bit with me.

It is perpetually "out of stock" in the bulk bins. I can get as much yellow as I can carry.

It is perpetually "out of stock" in the bulk bins. I can get as much yellow as I can carry.
Maybe we should send the Mothership--same problem here. yellow/white is everywhere, the red is sometimes at the bulk food store, but the black! I'll have to stowaway in my bro's suitcase to get that. Riding on the Mothership would probably be more comfortable. And purple.

Sprout,

Since quinoa is a bland grain, transparent of color actually in its natural form, perhaps the Peruvian Industry is preparing it like pasta, where in the vegetables are added to color the grains. Red is probably tomato or chili pepper and the black could be squid. It is a possibility though I have not seen this here in Madrid. It is on 7 Peruvian Restaurant menus.

Ciao
Margi.
Technically, quinoa is the edible seed of a grain.

Quinoa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bought some a couple months ago but I didn't like it. It didn't seem like it was done enough. The package said 1 1/4 C liquid to 1 cup quinoa. From reading online, I see that that isn't enough liquid. I just made it again. I cooked it in chicken broth and the texture is much better. It's a little bland, so I am going to add some butter and celery salt, and maybe some other spices until I find something I like.

Back
Top Bottom