ISO Fra Diablo Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
or Fra Diavolo.

Just curious to see any variations in recipes.
Do you make your own sauce? If so please do share. :chef:

I never would have thought that lobster would stand up to this type of treatment, but it's now a favorite dish...

Google up David Rosengarten's recipe and you won't have to tweak much... :chef:

Gosh, used to be lobster fra diavolo on the shore in Brooklyn at least 40 years ago.

It is good but I prefer my lobster without much flavorings added.

But the shrimp dish I love to eat, and it is so easy.

or Fra Diavolo.

Just curious to see any variations in recipes.
Do you make your own sauce? If so please do share. :chef:

one of my favorites, i make it all the time:

ingredients:
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 2 cans(the small ones) tomato paste
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- oil oil
- fresh basil, chopped
- oregano
- onion powder
- S & P
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 of a roasted red pepper(marinated), diced

combine the tomato paste with approx 32 oz of water(i eyeball it so im not exactly sure) and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. once it combines reduce to a simmer.

take 3 of the roma's and dice them. add them to the sauce. then peel the other 3 roma's, crush them, and add them to the sauce. Add more water until the sauce has a thin yet not watery consistency. let simmer for at least another 15-20 minutes, or until some of its strong tomato taste has left.

add in the basil, oregano, oil, garlic, onion powder, and oregano along with S & P to taste. increase the heat and stir constantly for 3 to 5 minutes. add in the red pepper flakes(start with a teaspoon and add until you get the desired amount of 'heat' in your sauce). add the red peppers. add water if need to regain thin consitency.

toss with pasta.

Saute garlic and chopped anchovies in olive oil, till the anchovies practically disappear. Add 3 c. chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup butter and 2 c dry white wine, 1T crushed red pepper flakes. Simmer 20 minutes, add S&P, fresh chopped parsley.

Back
Top Bottom