"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 07-18-2007, 05:52 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin
Hamm.....I’ve never made baked ziti before, but it sounds simple enough and rather good. It actually reminds me of “spaghetti casserole”. When ever I make spaghetti with meat sauce (not meatballs), the next day, I’ll often mix the leftover sauce, noodles, some more mushrooms, and cheese into a baking dish and bake it. Sometimes I add corn to it as well.

Anyone else ever recycle spaghetti and sauce this way?

VeraBlue – your sig is from that Midnight Oil song isn't it? I’ve got that tune stuck in my head now!
It is...and while it was originally meant to shine light on the plight of the aborigines whose land was stolen...I use it to remind people that it's their responsibility to be aware of whats happening around them...and speak up. The world of 'me me and mine' is over. Wake up before it's too late.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to keltin
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
It is...and while it was originally meant to shine light on the plight of the aborigines whose land was stolen...I use it to remind people that it's their responsibility to be aware of whats happening around them...and speak up. The world of 'me me and mine' is over. Wake up before it's too late.
Nice POV, and what better way to get it across than with a song that gets stuck in your head!

BTW – You seem familiar…….did you used to frequent Delphi Forums? In particular, a forum called “Believers, Unbelievers, Ex-Believers” (BUE)?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
Head Chef

This is how I make baked ziti - been making it this way for years

1 box of ziti, cook following package instructions
1 large jar of your favorite marinara
1/2 c sour cream
2 c shredded moz cheese
1/2 lb hamburger
1 -2 italian sausage links
1 onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced

Preheat oven to 375. Cook ziti according to package instructions. Meanwhile, brown hamburger and sausages with onions and garlic, drain grease. Add marinara sauce and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes.

drain ziti. Spray deep casserole dish with Pam spray. Put about 1 cup sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish, put half of the ziti in the pan. Next spread all of the sour cream and half of the mozerella over.
Next place half of the remaining sauce over the cheese. Next top with all of the remaining ziti, followed by all of the sauce. Top with remaining cheese.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a few bits of fresh basil.
cover and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Tags
None