"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 02-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Senior Cook

ISO Pasta dishes

heyaa..i was just wondering what kind of dish can i make with pasta,tuna and cheese with a little bit of spiceyness? if not tuna n cheese then if anyone has a good recipe with pasta and chicken wud be really helpful!!!

Thank youuu

Old 02-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
Are we talking about canned tuna or tuna steaks? Also, what kind of cheese are you planning to use?

Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Canned tuna. Planning to use cheddarm but mozzerella wold be ok too!
Old 02-21-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
Senior Cook

I make this recipe sometimes that has mac and cheese, canned tuna, and sour cream mixed together. Its actually pretty tasty. I make the mac and cheese homemade with elbow noodles, velveta cheese, butter, and milk. Then I stir in a can or 2 of tuna depending on how much I want to make and then about a 3/4 cup sour cream or more or less.

Sorry I don't have an actual recipe just a method. Hope this helps your craving.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:38 AM   #5
Sous Chef

Personally, fish and cheese don't go together. That's not to say you can't eat it (!) just that I don't care for it much.
For Chicken and pasta, however:
Fry some chopped chicken with a little onion and ginger powder.
Add water, tomato paste, peanut butter ( yes, peanut butter) and some hot chili pepper. Adjust flavour with a little lemon juice. Serve over pasta.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMALICIOUS
heyaa..i was just wondering what kind of dish can i make with pasta,tuna and cheese with a little bit of spiceyness? if not tuna n cheese then if anyone has a good recipe with pasta and chicken wud be really helpful!!!

Thank youuu
An Italian dish for pasta and tuna (but, no cheese), is Spaghetti con Pomodoro e Tonno:

Recipes : Spaghetti con Pomodoro e Tonno : Food Network

Tuna Pomodoro - Eating Well

Another suggestion is, cold pasta salad. Prepare small pasta of choice (i.e. macaroni, shells), add in black olives, roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, asparagus -- whatever you like in your pasta salad, dressing of choice (i.e. zesty Italian dressing, oil & vinegar), then mix in your tuna. Nicoise is another idea.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
Master Chef

Combine your drained tuna with cooked noodles or macaroni, a can of cream of mushroom soup, can of drained mushrooms, can of drained peas, and half your cheese in a casserole dish. Sprinkle with Cajun or Old Bay Seasoning, top with remaining cheese, and bake at 350 until hot and bubbly.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
Master Chef

Actually, during my crazy youth (many years ago. . . ), I used to make a dish for my bland picky-eating boyfriend that he really liked. It was simply cooked Minute rice with a can of drained oil-packed tuna & a can of stewed tomatoes stirred in. That was then put in a baking dish & topped with a lot of American Cheese or Velveeta & baked until the cheese melted enough to be stirred into the rest of the dish as well. Boyfried loved it.

It reminded me very much of a dish we used to make at Girl Scout camp that was called "Glop", except that had ground beef instead of the tuna. So I guess you could call what I made "Tuna Glop" - lol!!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #9
Senior Cook

Oh wow. Brilliant, thanks!!!!!!!! lol, well actually my sister made the thread, shes not much of a cook and didnt know where to start, so i suggested she make a thread cos the people here so nice and helpful :oD thank you! any more ideas would be good too x
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #10
Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to phantomtigger
When we're a little tight on money, here's one we like that makes a LOT:

1 lb. elbow noodles, cooked and drained
2 cans of tuna packed in water, drained
Thawed frozed peas, small bag
Miracle Whip Light, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Mix all ingredients. Serve chilled. Serves a LOT of people....we have 6 in our family, and we always had leftovers.

Tags
None