ISO Roasted Tomatoes,Roasted Garlic, Goat Cheese Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you really want to use fresh basil, cut using the chiffonade method - but VERY thin. The only thing you have to be concerned about in adding flavor to this dish is enough salt. You will use more than you think - but of course, taste first. This is just one of those dishes that I wouldn't use fresh basil. I'd be more prone to use fresh flat-leaf parsley and a squeeze of lemon for brightness that usually comes from the basil. Again, thinking just leads to more ingredients that aren't truly necessary :ermm: You could use a few strands of chiffonade basil as a topping. If you have gray salt it would make a nice finishing salt. I still feel strongly that the dish is about the sweetness of the roasted tomatoes - bringing out the flavor with the salt.

Your appy sounds great! One of my favorite ways to utilize some of these ingredients is to slather the toasted bread/grilled bread with goat cheese, a little slather of homemade pesto, topped with slivers of roasted red pepper. I will definitely have to try your version. The red pepper flakes are right up my alley!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, cut the tomatoes before cooking. This way they have a chance to roast on all cut sides.

Just saw about basil, I would say yes with rocket, maybe not with spinach, unless its really really baby. Same, fresh, torn, wiltded in the heat of the pasta only.

LOL, so we disagree on basil, Kitchen elf! I would just tear....in keeping with simplicty of dish, if I was choping tomatoes to roast then may be.

Its all very simple, this type of Italian cooking. Not fussy!

Okay, okay, no basil.

What type of spinach should i use? Fresh spinach is what i want.

Ive never cooked with it...

I'm going to keep this really simple as you guys suggest.

And yes, it just so happens i DO have some grey sea salt :)

Absolutely use fresh spinach. If you can find the baby spinach use that. If you can't find the baby spinach you might need to tear the larger leaves (being sure to remove the bigger stems) but don't tear too small. This is a more rustic dish. It doesn't bother me to have the spinach not totally wilted. Just toss it in your oil when your garlic is almost done. You just don't have to cook it down until it looks like frozen spinach.

Yes baby spinach, don't cook it, as Kelf says, rip larger leaves, and as you turn the pasta through the sauce and goats chesse the spinach will wilt. Its fragile when young, not much tougher than basil really!

Barbara L said:
I have packed my fork and am on my way to your house kitchenelf!

:) Barbara

So, are you and James FINALLY going to make it for Thanksgiving this year? Or how about July 4th? The weekend before - on Saturday???????? I have forks - just bring yourselves!

Okay guys, thanks for helping me make up my mind.

Will post pics tonight of how the meal turned out.

Cheers.

After all this you made chicken tacos?

sign0171.gif

Kitchen Elf, That was for Lunch.

Okay..You asked for it.

Rigatoni with King Crab, Roasted Tomatoes, Spinach, and Goat Cheese.

img_435563_0_f573207c035ef34608faaa4faf697293.jpg

img_435563_1_79d2750eb4db2748196ad427a1984d59.jpg

img_435563_2_4e39f3adfcc58d27da027d10f85ecd9c.jpg

img_435563_3_e0f29309b6eaae2afd607be9790aabf2.jpg

img_435563_4_058e6d1cc2368e9e9f0ddb2670c17fd9.jpg

img_435563_5_a703a690e3bf370b67f79d7c12a873d2.jpg

Whew - I can quit crying now! lol Was it good? What would you change?

I'm always evolving recipes. Tell me what you would do differently the next time.

King crab - well that couldn't have been too bad!!!!!

It was the best meal i've ever prepared. I wouldn't change a thing.

I was in too much of a state of bliss to look at the recipe objectively - I just wolfed it down.

Not very cost friendly though. The crab alone was over 30 dollars.

And, young man, just what part of "keep it simple"........or "simple Italian food"..........."rustic"..........didn't you understand? :LOL: You probably could have gotten away with a LOT less crab and shredded it significantly....giving the essence of crab versus GREAT BIG HUGE PIECES!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I bet I make it just the way you did :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm glad it turned out!

lol. it was very simple. there was only like 5 ingredients in the entire dish.

heh, the crab was simple too. i smashed a crab claw open, and chopped it up ^^

If you make it, you will enjoy it.

thanks for all the wonderful advice that led to this meal.

Cheers.

Wow, that looks delicious! Thanks for the pics. I've never tried goat cheese.

Back
Top Bottom