ISO Seasoning Rice Pilaf for Pork Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBQ Mikey

Sous Chef
I am making chinese style BBQ pork today (a.k.a. Cha Sui or whatnot) and I would like to serve it ontop a rice pilaf. Unfortunately, plain ol rice does get boring, as does soy rice or any variation. I need to try something new.

Id like help with
A. What seasoning to Use
B. The best method in doing so.

Thanks in advance..

Hi, Mikey. I'd make fried rice to go with the Chinese pork recipe. I made some the other day with leftover chicken - here's a basic recipe: Fried Rice - a Basic Recipe for Fried Rice

I first cooked 1.5 cups of rice in the microwave with chicken broth instead of water, then stir-fried one chopped clove of garlic, about a teaspoon of minced fresh ginger, one scrambled egg, one small chopped onion, one chopped rib of celery, and some bell peppers in peanut oil, then added the chicken and cooked rice and a tablespoon each of soy sauce and sesame oil at the end. It was great :)

Hope this is helpful.

Hmmm good ideas guys, Never heard of Sweet N Sour rice, and cant believe fried rice never even dawned on me : / ....

Mikeys in the kitchen, but the jury is still out on the rice.... keep the ideas flowing.

My favorite rice dish as a side is carrot brown rice. Much healthier and more flavorful than white rice, not fried so no extra fat, and the shredded carrot adds both color and a delicate sweetness. Simply cook brown rice in the way you normally cook rice, but add 1/2 cup shredded carrot per cup of dry rice.

I am so trying that...

I broke down and made fried rice tonight and added some of the pork into it as well as the eggs, garlic, soy, onion, and butter. It came out fantastic, thanks for the ideas!

:) Cook rice in with a little chicken base,a little garlic after its done mix in some orange or lemon zest and toasted slivered or sliced almonds.Simple but good.

Back
Top Bottom