ISO Spicy Fried Rice recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
My husband and I live near a great Thai place that serves an amazing spicy fried rice. It has rice (duh) and eggs (duh duh) bell peppers and quartered tomatoes, I think some green onion and I couldn't say what else. But the main thing is that it is SPICY. I mean HOT...but SO good. More importantly it is very expensive :( and we cant always afford to eat out so I'd love to find a great recipe for Thai spicy fried rice. If anyone could help me out that would be great! I thought I posted this once before but I couldn't find it. So excuse me if this is a repost. Thanks everyone!

I don't like Thai food because of the spices they use; however, I do love to cook oriental foods. This is particularly true after visiting China this year. I shop at our local oriental grocery store and am always asking them help how to cook this and that. Most of the time they are happy to help me out. Our store has a large Thai section which is filled with sauces and spices. This could be a good place for you to start if you are lucky enough to have an oriental grocery store near by.

Just a guess (I am a novice in Asian cooking) but perhaps they used chili oil when doing the rice and veggies in the wok?

I made fried rice for dinner tonight; when I stir-fried the veggies, I stirred in about a tsp. of chile puree with garlic (comes in a jar) for some heat. You can add that to taste. Chile oil works, too. HTH.

Recipes - Thai Chili Fried Rice Recipe

I like a nice squeeze of Sriracha chili sauce in my regular fried rice sometimes.
That really spices it up...

I think is it but it doesnt have any of the veggies in it (peppers and tomatoes) I am sure they can just be added in but when? I am thinking of making it wed night for the hubby when he gets home from work. hm. i guess it's going to have to be a trial and error thing...

Back
Top Bottom