ISO TNT fresh pasta recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I do have a pasta maker.. I made some yesterday and turned out pretty good but a little heavy.
I wanted some other recipes so I can play with.
Thank you for your tip....:)
The pasta machine will roll out the pasta. What makes the pasta yummy is the sauce you put on it. I personally make egg pasta only for ravioli. I find the commercially made noodles (Barilla, Buitoni, Divella) satisfactory.
Here is my basic recipe for egg pasta:
Egg pasta

(Basic recipe)
Ingredients:
2 cups white flour
3 medium eggs
1 TBS olive oil
¼ tsp salt (optional)
¼ cup extra flour for working the dough.

Directions:
Put all ingredients into the food processor in the order given and process quickly until a ball forms (about 30 seconds), and it clings away cleanly from the sides of the container.

If it appears too sticky, remove the top and sprinkle one tablespoon of flour. Process briefly until it clings away from the sides. If it appears too dry and does not form a ball, you may need to add a little water, a tablespoon at a time. You should not need more than one or two tablespoons of water, or one or two tablespoons of flour. Wrap in plastic and store in the refrigerator until needed. If you plan to use it right away, let it rest for fifteen minutes covered with a kitchen towel.

Note: Do not knead the pasta. Contrary to bread, egg pasta works better if it is a rather stiff mass. It will be easier to handle after the gluten has relaxed. You can freeze unused pasta, it will get slightly darker in color, but nothing to worry about, it’s just the oxidation process.

Back
Top Bottom