ISO TNT fresh pasta recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tauruscat

Assistant Cook
Hello. I just started making my own fresh pasta, and wanted to know If any one has a tried and true recipe...:)

Hello. I just started making my own fresh pasta, and wanted to know If any one has a tried and true recipe...:)

Welcome to DC! Once upon a time, I loved playing with my hand-crank pasta maker. (It felt like I had my playdough fun factory all over again.) My basic recipe was 2 cups of flour, 2 jumbo or 3 large eggs, and a good pinch of salt. Mix it all and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Divide it into fours and roll it through your pasta maker until it is the desired thickness. Then cut it and let it hang-dry. It would keep in the fridge for a few days after drying.

I generally used 2/3 cup of semolina flour as part of the 2 cups. I liked to toy with the recipe from time to time. Adding tomato paste for tomato pasta, etc. I even tried to make a chocolate pasta with cocoa though it did not turn out so great.

Hope this helps!
~Kathleen

KathleenA said:
Welcome to DC! Once upon a time, I loved playing with my hand-crank pasta maker. (It felt like I had my playdough fun factory all over again.) My basic recipe was 2 cups of flour, 2 jumbo or 3 large eggs, and a good pinch of salt. Mix it all and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Divide it into fours and roll it through your pasta maker until it is the desired thickness. Then cut it and let it hang-dry. It would keep in the fridge for a few days after drying.

I generally used 2/3 cup of semolina flour as part of the 2 cups. I liked to toy with the recipe from time to time. Adding tomato paste for tomato pasta, etc. I even tried to make a chocolate pasta with cocoa though it did not turn out so great.

Hope this helps!
~Kathleen

Thanks Kathleen....:D

Do you have a pasta machine?

I just put 125 grams of hard whole wheat flour/ serving and add water, a little at a time, until it forms a dough. Then I knead it by hand a short while and finish kneading it with the hand crank pasta machine. It takes a lot of kneading, but that goes quickly with the machine.

taxlady said:
Do you have a pasta machine?

I just put 125 grams of hard whole wheat flour/ serving and add water, a little at a time, until it forms a dough. Then I knead it by hand a short while and finish kneading it with the hand crank pasta machine. It takes a lot of kneading, but that goes quickly with the machine.

Yes I do have a pasta maker.. I made some yesterday and turned out pretty good but a little heavy.
I wanted some other recipes so I can play with.
Thank you for your tip....:)

zfranca said:
There are so many possibilties. The question is: what kind of pasta are you making? I have many suggestions to offer, based on your answer.

Ooh many kinds...I want to find the best one for me. I want to try ravioli this weekend...and I love linguini. thank you that would awesome..:)

Try adding some of these to the dough mix before kneading, rolling and cutting.

img_956468_0_21c45a2b31fa622497f32b7c04dcb244.jpg

I also have (not pictured) herb paste.

Last edited:
msmofet said:
Try adding some of these to the dough mix before kneading, rolling and cutting.

I also have (not pictured) herb paste.

Great idea!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom