ISO TNT recipes with Quinoa in it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gossie

Sous Chef
I just turned on to Quinoa. It's delicious and GOOD FOR YOU!!! :)

Anybody have any good recipes they'd like to share?

At the moment, all I can figure is use it instead of rice.

Miss Gossie...

I like Quinoa, but have no outstanding recipes. Like you, I just use it mainly as a rice subsitute. I keep thinking I will find a different twist for it.

Luck!

Quinoa is fabulous! Excellent info here for those interested, WHFoods: Quinoa

I always cook mine with veggie stock and usually add fresh chopped herbs. I was on a quinoa kick for a while and came up with this wonderful recipe...

Adzuki Beans, Quinoa & Sweet Potato

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup peas
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
1 1/2 cup adzuki beans, cooked
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Peel potato and cut into small cubes. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl and transfer to roasting pan. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.

Heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and saute until lightly browned.

Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth. Season with cumin and cayenne pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.

Stir frozen peas into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through, mix in the adzuki beans and parsley and toss together with sweet potato.

salt & pepper to taste!

Other favorites are Quinoa with Kale & Butternut Squash and Quinoa with Chickpeas, Basil and Tomato

Last edited:
I don't have any recipes that I follow. I cook Quinoa in broth and add saute diced veggies (whatever I feel like that day) to it. Sometimes I'll add nuts and/or dried cranberries or dried cherries to it.

Here is some more ideas.

Now I do all sorts of stirfries with it, they are quite versatile and goes with just about any ingredients and/or flavours, so experiment away with your imagination.

At the stage of its basic preparation, it does pick up a nice flavour if you first dry roast it in a skillet. (observe closely so they won't burn)

Back
Top Bottom