Israeli couscous with cranberry juice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I was bored the other night and wanted to try something different. I had some Israeli couscous laying around also had some cranberry juice. So I made the couscous and instead of using water I used straight cranberry juice with a touch of salt.

Well it turned out really interesting. The color was great and the flavor was very nice. I was using a cheap pan that has some hot spots. At those spots the couscous got a little sticky and crispy which was not a bad thing. those parts actually tasted really yummy.

I ended up serving it with chicken that was seasoned simply with salt and pepper and a side of asparagus. It was a very fun, colorful, and tasty meal.

Isn't it fun to just wing it sometimes...Make it up as you go....I think that's what some of the famous chefs do, and they sell cookbooks!! :LOL:

So, ya need to save the recipe...after awhile you'll have a whole collection and can have them published!!

Here's one you can have exclusive rights too...

POP CORN CEREAL

Pop the Pop Corn using no salt or butter...Place one cup of the popped pocorn in a bowl and cover with milk...Enjoy! It will surprise you!!:ermm:

Don't ask how I stumbled into this one.....

So funny that you mention pop corn cereal UB. I saw that idea somewhere a while ago (Good Eats maybe?) and thought it was a great idea and actually made a lot of sense. I was going to make that for my daughter for her birthday breakfast, but she picked something else instead.

Hmmmmm! AB ripping my recipe huh?? :glare: I was making popcorn cereal before he went on the air!!!! --- Gonna have to have a long, long talk with that boy!! :cool:

GB the cranberry/couscous combo sounds interesting and as I have some pomegranate juice at home, Im going to try that! Thanks for the idea! :)

Back
Top Bottom