Jambalaya without the rice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

p_bear

Assistant Cook
Hello,
New to the site so hoping someone might be able to help me out. Does anyone know is it possible to substitute the rice in jambalaya for bulgar wheat instead? Or is it just a disaster waiting to happen!?! Thanks for your help and time...

I've never tried it but I would think you could do it. Can I ask why you want to substitute rice? Is it for a whole grain option of jambalaya? I've made it w/ long grain brown rice before and turned out pretty good.

Jambalaya without the rice is called Gumbo. Just make Gumbo and serve it over the cooked whatever! Personally I prefer Gumbo anyway!

Piccolina said:
I've had a Jambalaya-like dish with quinoa before, it was awesome :)
My mother has made this and it is delicious. It is not jambalaya, but call it whatever you want, it is great stuff!

GB said:
My mother has made this and it is delicious. It is not jambalaya, but call it whatever you want, it is great stuff!
Isn't it! I wish I had a name or a recipe for it, does your mom have one that she might be willing to share? :)

I am sure she would share. I will write to her and ask her to send it to me and I will post it :chef:

Back
Top Bottom