Lazy Pirogy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Evening Charlie,

When you mentioned a gnocchi shape, and then a poster discussed a rope / cord or snake shaped pasta --- Are we talking about:

1- Tortelli which is a square shaped Ravioli ?

2- Panzerotti which is a half moon shape Ravioli ?

3- Fenesècchie which is a 6 inch thick Rope pasta ?

4- Or is it Cappelletti, a Ravioli rounded circular shape ?

What shape in other words are these Dumplings ?

They sound wonderful.
Thanks for posting the recipe.
Margi. Cintrano.

I really was not talking about any particular shape, more kind of variations of the name of the similar dish in different parts of the world. Honestly, gnocchi are not even made like this as far as I know; they supposed to be with potato, are they not?
By the same talking you can throw in Chinese or Japanese dumplings.

Charlie: Dumpling Recipe

:):) Good Evening Charlie,

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Gnocchi can be made with grated Potato or wheat flour ... and / or with spinach added ... Depending on region ...

Your dumplings: so, are they sort of like Wonton-ish ?

Are they similar to a Russian Perogi ?

Fiona had stated: rolled into a rope shape ... so therefore a shape which would be like a rectangular packet ?

Shape does not matter, I could see from your recipe ... the key is the DOUGH & how the dough is made ... and then, boiling process and of course the stuffing.

I just re-read it ... and I believe I can manage to follow ur instructions when I return from our anniversary trip. We are leaving 14th Monday and returning 19th Saturday afternoon.

They sound real nice ...

Thanks,
Margi.

Last edited:
Margi,

Charlie ends up with a long rope of dough and just cuts it into coins, which he then boils. They are not filled, that's why he calls them "Lazy."

Margi,

Charlie ends up with a long rope of dough and just cuts it into coins, which he then boils. They are not filled, that's why he calls them "Lazy."

That is right, thank you.

Yea, Marg, just mix flour and cheese together and you are good to go. Even if you simply rip small pieces of the dough and throw into boiling water. The idea is to help people like me, lazy and busy. Simple solution. ;)

Back
Top Bottom