Leftover Cooked Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think my fried rice turned out good without refrigerating the rice and my daughter loved it. DH wouldn't try it. He's not into fried rice. I think what I liked about it the most was it was mostly brown rice. I just started liking it lately. It has more taste and a little bit of crunch compared to white rice. Since it's supposed to be the healthier choice, DH won't get near it. Healthy=tastes bad.

I had originally made the brown rice and was going to use it in my stuffed cabbage rolls. Since DH is always in the kitchen, nosing around to see what I'm making, he wouldn't not let me use it in the cabbage rolls, so I had to make white rice, too. I did make about 15 cabbage rolls for myself with the brown rice and just put them on one side of the roasting pan so I would know which ones they were. The rest I made with white rice. That's why I had so much rice left over and I didn't want to waste it. IMO, I could not really tell the different in the ones made with brown rice, but I knew they were healthier. If I could have made them without him watching he never would have known it was brown rice.

Some people put raw rice in their cabbage rolls, but I have always cooked the rice first.

Back
Top Bottom