Linguini with clam sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My grandmother used to just use all purpose flour salt and pepper. She would fry it in a cast iron dutch oven. I don't think she even knew what temperature the oil was at.

Measuring your fat temperature is overrated. If you're a blogger or professional then you need to monitor it. If you're an amateur who has trouble getting it just right then you need to monitor it. If you're an experienced professional or amateur chef then you can monitor it or not depending on how your results come out.

I've got a fat thermometer. I use it mostly when I'm blogging recipes.

I want to tie up with someone who know how to use a pastry bag. I am so pastry bag inpaired. I need someone at my side. Visual! :rolleyes:

It seems to me the use is obvious. Why don't you just try it?

lol, jpb. anyone remember how lucille ball smuggled home cheese from italy?

I sure hope it was under her hat or in her purse! :LOL:

it was hidden in the bells of ricky's orchestra's instruments.

ETA: Oh, thanks! The post I was replying to was on an earlier page and I hadn't read your reply yet. You had me going for a minute or two.

Last edited:
If the US airport inspectors discover your booty, you can wind up loosing quite a few buck worth of precious tasty food and ¿maybe even a fine?.

Last time I traveled to Europe, the rules allowed 2 kilos of cheese and I forget how much wine. Absolutely no meat or produce. I had about 2.5 kilos of cheese and they didn't say a word.

Last time I traveled to Europe, the rules allowed 2 kilos of cheese and I forget how much wine. Absolutely no meat or produce. I had about 2.5 kilos of cheese and they didn't say a word.

About thirty five years ago I worked at a restaurant right near the airport. We got a lot of airport employees. Including customs agents. They told me one day all the strange places people try to hide stuff. They have seen it all. :ohmy:

Who knew my throw together linguini with clam sauce would generate so many interesting posts. I was just trying to make something my mom requested (and remembered liking) using the ingredients they had on hand. I would've loved to add capers--but capers aren't part of the staples found in their house (mine, yes!). I'm craving this again...maybe this weekend. I have some walleye that I might saute and throw in the mix...

Who knew my throw together linguine with clam sauce would generate so many interesting posts. I was just trying to make something my mom requested (and remembered liking) using the ingredients they had on hand. I would've loved to add capers--but capers aren't part of the staples found in their house (mine, yes!). I'm craving this again...maybe this weekend. I have some walleye that I might saute and throw in the mix...

That's how so many famous dishes came into being. Caesar salad, Alfredo Parm, Nachos, etc. :chef:

That's how so many famous dishes came into being. Caesar salad, Alfredo Parm, Nachos, etc. :chef:
I don't think what I did will become famous, but it was very, very good. Another one of those recipes is 1000 Island Dressing.

You are all so very talented when it comes to cooking--I'm in awe. I'm just a rudimentary cook, y'all floor me with what you do with food.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom