Looking for an old recipe w/dill sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
It dawned on me that someone here may have my answer. When I was a kid my parents used to make a pasta dish that had a lemon dill sauce. Mom said you used an egg yolk and cream, blended it and tempered it up to coat. Neither of my parents can remember how to make it for some reason, even though we had it all the time. All they do remember is that it came from the New York Times maybe in the mid 70's....
I have tried looking at thier website and googling it. I've found close but no cigar. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Nope it was just pasta.
You're right it was similar in texture to carbonara, and got thick and sticky like cold alfredo when it cooled a bit.
Maybe some lemon in it also?

Hey when my e-mail dings I'm there!!

How cheap!!!! You can't read the article unless you pay 99 cents, or buy a subscription to the paper!!!! You can't even tell if it's the right article before you buy it..:ohmy:

I changed the thread title maybe that will ring more bells.

Sorry about the pay thing. Have to say once I saw one of the sublinks that suggested several recipes were there, I just bailed! If I had seen that, I wouldn't have bothered you with it!

that's ok, I think that's why I didn't get anywhere last time, I just forgot that part.

bringing back to top in case the "evening crew" has an idea.

Sounds close anyway, maybe if I google Avgolemono I'll get closer? I was thinking it was Italian but I suppose it could be Greek, with the dill and lemon.

Back
Top Bottom