"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
Executive Chef

@ Luca: Rigatoni & Basil

Luca,

An absolutely awesome combination to say least ... I love Rigatoni ... Very much Basilicata, Calabria and Sicilian ... I love Baked Rigatoni Sicilian style ... and what I like: pecorino fiore sardo combined with the Reggiano Parmesano ... this intensifies the flavor ...

I am translating a Risotto Primavera ... What is your input ? feedback ?
Thanks.

FOR 6:
3 artichokes
4 small plum tomatoes seeded and peeled and chopped
1/2 lemon
5 1/ 2 cups of vegetable stock ( can use mixed or asparagus )
olive oil extra virgin
1 onion chopped finely
*** arborio rice / carnaroli rice ( which do you prefer ? )
1 stalk celery
3 medium potatoes peeled and chopped into cubes
4 ounces handful green beans
4 ounces handful green asparagus
freshly ground pepper
salt
unsalted butter 1/2 stick
2 small baby carrots chopped
fresh spring sweet peas or other green veggie of choice
1 cup freshly grated pecorino fiore sardo or Reggiano Parmesano
swigs of oregano or dried and basil chopped finely

The directions are similar to the Asparagus one in ETHNIC FOODS

Thanks
M.C.

Tags
basil, recipe, rigatoni

Luca’s Basil Rigatoni – for Kathleen Hi Kathleen, here is you rigatoni recipe, directly from my segret vault. :rolleyes: This recipe is really easy and quick to prepare, but IMHO is very nice! The only problem could be that I use fresh basil leaves, I’ve never tried it with the frozen product. You can change the proportions of grated cheese, or use only both Parmigiano and pecorino but in a different ratio. As always, it’s a matter of taste (and I LOVE pecorino…). Or you can try a different cheese, as you like. [COLOR="Green"]Serves 4 (you can cut the pasta amount, if you like) | SAUCE: 60 g butter | 12 fresh basil leaves | 1 garlic clove, peeled | PASTA: 400 g rigatoni | a handful of coarse salt | SERVING: grated cheese mix: 60 g Parmigiano and 30 g pecorino. [/COLOR] [B]Let’s make this rigatoni [/B]- Start heating a large pot of water for the pasta. - Gently wash basil leaves, dry them then chop them. Peel and chop the garlic clove. Warm the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and then add the chopped basil and garlic. Reduce to low heat and cook for a few minutes. - When the water reaches a rolling boil, add the coarse salt, wait a couple of minutes and add the rigatoni. Cook the rigatoni (follow the cooking time print on the package, but start tasting them a couple of minutes before the end of the expected cooking time). - Add the rigatoni and half of the grated cheese to the saucepan, over medium heat, stir it well for 2/3 minutes, then turn off the fire: you have to serve the pasta at once. - Using a large spoon put the pasta in four warm plates. Add the rest of grated cheese on top of each dish and serve. Ecco fatto! A red, sparkling wine, as a dry Lambrusco di Sorbara from Emilia Romagna region, could be a good match for this simple pasta recipe. And again, you can substitute it with some Mountain Dew! Buon appetito! :smile: 3 stars 1 reviews