Luca’s egg tagliatelle with red peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, lasagna and gnocchi is surely good enough for me! :)

My grandma was our family Gnocchi Super Master, but I never tried to prepare them. I think I'll plug this gap as soon as possible! :huh:

Gnocci were similar to a Polish potato dumpling that I grew up with, so I believe that made it easier. As to the "cook" reference, I would up that on and definitely put you into an "Italian CHEF" category. I believe all would agree with me on this one.:chef:

luca is our capocuoco!!!

this looks really good, copied and saved. grazie, luca.
i can see adding torn basil to complete the flag.

Luca I have promoted you to Capo Di Tutti :)
Last night in 'omage to your dish I used some dried roma toms my wife stored in olive oil last month.
I cut then into similar sized strips to the pepper and proceeded the same way as your recipe shows with peppers.
We used the excellent Fiorelli pasta.:)

Luca I have promoted you to Capo Di Tutti :)

Bolas, si nu bravo picciotto, you're a good picciotto. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Don Luca

40791-albums370-picture3000.jpg

Can't wait for your lasagna recipe, I would not care it it were difficult, mine stinks!
I do make good sauce, taught to me by my mothers best friend (Italian) and she taught me gnocci. Those are the only two things I am good at.

Luca,
This is a very nice dish. I very much like the way you and so many Italian cooks highlight one vegetable in a simple dish. The preparation allows for so many variations using seasonal vegetables.

Keep em coming kid!

Here we go: Luca’s meat lasagna easy recipe – Franca’s style

Just one question: When you say "1-inch hot dried pepper, are you talking about the peppers that crushed red pepper flakes are made from? I have a whole bag full of those, which I use in Kung Pao.

Just one question: When you say "1-inch hot dried pepper, are you talking about the peppers that crushed red pepper flakes are made from? I have a whole bag full of those, which I use in Kung Pao.

The hot pepper in "1/2 dried hot pepper" is a whole devilish red pepper (in Italy we call it peperoncino), dried and not fresh, cut in half. 1 inch is more or less the length of the whole red pepper that I've got in my pantry. :)

Last edited:
In the States, THESE are pepperoncini. They come in a jar, pickled. I buy mine already seeded and sliced, and put them on all types of sandwiches and in my fritattas.

200px-Pepperoncini.jpg

THESE are the dried hot peppers I use to make Kung Pao:
3134329-red-hot-chilli-peppers-isolated-on-white-background--captured-in-studio-with-a-21-megapixel-camera.jpg

Back
Top Bottom