"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Old 09-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #31
Executive Chef
In the States, THESE are pepperoncini. They come in a jar, pickled. I buy mine already seeded and sliced, and put them on all types of sandwiches and in my fritattas.

THESE are the dried hot peppers I use to make Kung Pao:

Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffett
Sir_Loin_of_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #32
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
THESE are the dried hot peppers I use to make Kung Pao:
Yes, these are our "peperoncini"!

You eat what you are
Luca Lazzari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #33
Master Chef
O.K. now I'w confused.

What is the difference between pepperoncini and pepperoncino?
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #34
Certified Pretend Chef
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
O.K. now I'w confused.

What is the difference between pepperoncini and pepperoncino?

Plural and singular
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #35
Senior Cook
Once again - ANDY M. to the rescue.
If you ever get the choice to sit it out or dance, I HOPE YOU DANCE.
Pierogi Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Pierogi Princess View Post
Once again - ANDY M. to the rescue.
He's like that you know

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote

egg, peppers, recipe, tagliatelle

Luca’s egg tagliatelle with red peppers [CENTER][IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/40791-albums377-picture2977.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Another Italian recipe from Luca! This is a great one, in which tagliatelle pasta are mixed with red peppers, presented with Gabriella’s pictures and our home green, chequered tablecloth… I believe that pasta recipes are a great way to eat practically everything on planet Earth, especially vegetables, as in this case. And this recipe lets you achieve a WOW factor (I hate the wow factor :lol:) thanks to the bright red of the red peppers, combined with the warm yellow hue of the tagliatelle. An important note: I adapted this recipe from the original “Tagliatelle all’uovo con peperoni rossi” from a special issue of the monthly magazine “La Cucina Italiana”, an awesome resource for every food lover! Serves 4 (not so generous, in my greedy opinion; you can try using more tagliatelle) 280 g egg tagliatelle | 260 g (cleaned) red pepper | 120 g onion | 20 g parsley | 1 bay leaf | some lemon juice drops | salt, fine and coarse | 1/2 dried hot pepper | 1 cup vegetable stock | 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil [B][I]Let’s prepare these tagliatelle![/I][/B] Start heating a large pot of water for the tagliatelle. Prepare 1/2 liter of vegetable stock; here I used vegetable stock cubes. Chop the onion. Cut the red pepper in 1,5-inch pieces (more or less; take a look at the pictures). [CENTER][IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/40791-albums377-picture2978.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, then add the onion and the bay leaf. Wait a couple of minutes, then add the red pepper and sauté for 15 minutes. Add a cup of stock, taste and add some salt to taste, then cook for another 5 minutes. [CENTER][IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/40791-albums377-picture2979.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] In the meantime, finely chop the parsley and the hot pepper and mix these two ingredients with 1 tablespoon of oil and some drops of lemon juice. I used half of a 1-inch long hot dried pepper. When the water is boiling, add the coarse salt (one handful), then cook the tagliatelle according to the package label, but drain them “al dente”. A couple of minutes before the tagliatelle are ready “al dente”, hat again the sauce pan. Put the tagliatelle in the pan and stir them for some 30-40 seconds. Then turn off the fire, add the parsley/hot pepper mixture and stir well. Serve it immediately. [CENTER][IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/40791-albums377-picture2980.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/members/40791-albums377-picture2981.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Tagliatelle with red peppers does not call for grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, but you can always try it! This recipe has a distinctive sweet taste, thanks to the red peppers and the tagliatelle. I like to drink some robust red wine with it, like a good old Barbera or a strong Refosco. Buon appetito! 3 stars 1 reviews