Luca’s egg tagliatelle with red peppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luca Lazzari

Sous Chef
40791-albums377-picture2977.jpg

Another Italian recipe from Luca! This is a great one, in which tagliatelle pasta are mixed with red peppers, presented with Gabriella’s pictures and our home green, chequered tablecloth…
I believe that pasta recipes are a great way to eat practically everything on planet Earth, especially vegetables, as in this case. And this recipe lets you achieve a WOW factor (I hate the wow factor :LOL:) thanks to the bright red of the red peppers, combined with the warm yellow hue of the tagliatelle.
An important note: I adapted this recipe from the original “Tagliatelle all’uovo con peperoni rossi” from a special issue of the monthly magazine “La Cucina Italiana”, an awesome resource for every food lover!

Serves 4 (not so generous, in my greedy opinion; you can try using more tagliatelle)
280 g egg tagliatelle | 260 g (cleaned) red pepper | 120 g onion | 20 g parsley | 1 bay leaf | some lemon juice drops | salt, fine and coarse | 1/2 dried hot pepper | 1 cup vegetable stock | 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil

Let’s prepare these tagliatelle!

Start heating a large pot of water for the tagliatelle.
Prepare 1/2 liter of vegetable stock; here I used vegetable stock cubes. Chop the onion. Cut the red pepper in 1,5-inch pieces (more or less; take a look at the pictures).

40791-albums377-picture2978.jpg

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, then add the onion and the bay leaf. Wait a couple of minutes, then add the red pepper and sauté for 15 minutes. Add a cup of stock, taste and add some salt to taste, then cook for another 5 minutes.

40791-albums377-picture2979.jpg

In the meantime, finely chop the parsley and the hot pepper and mix these two ingredients with 1 tablespoon of oil and some drops of lemon juice. I used half of a 1-inch long hot dried pepper.
When the water is boiling, add the coarse salt (one handful), then cook the tagliatelle according to the package label, but drain them “al dente”. A couple of minutes before the tagliatelle are ready “al dente”, hat again the sauce pan. Put the tagliatelle in the pan and stir them for some 30-40 seconds. Then turn off the fire, add the parsley/hot pepper mixture and stir well. Serve it immediately.

40791-albums377-picture2980.jpg

40791-albums377-picture2981.jpg

Tagliatelle with red peppers does not call for grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, but you can always try it!

This recipe has a distinctive sweet taste, thanks to the red peppers and the tagliatelle. I like to drink some robust red wine with it, like a good old Barbera or a strong Refosco.

Buon appetito!

Luca mate, the main crop of peppers should be fully ripe around monday and we were just planning what to do with them. Monday night will be your dish:)
Ps I plan to char a load on the bbq then peel and store in Evoo, I think I will use that method to cook them for your dish.

Last edited:
Luca mate, the main crop of peppers should be fully ripe around monday and we were just planning what to do with them. Monday night will be your dish:)
Ps I plan to char a load on the bbq then peel and store in Evoo, I think I will use that method to cook them for your dish.

I was thinking some grilled or roasted red peppers would be nice, too.

40791-albums377-picture2977.jpg

Another Italian recipe from Luca! This is a great one, in which tagliatelle pasta are mixed with red peppers, presented with Gabriella’s pictures and our home green, chequered tablecloth…
I believe that pasta recipes are a great way to eat practically everything on planet Earth, especially vegetables, as in this case. And this recipe lets you achieve a WOW factor (I hate the wow factor :LOL:) thanks to the bright red of the red peppers, combined with the warm yellow hue of the tagliatelle.
An important note: I adapted this recipe from the original “Tagliatelle all’uovo con peperoni rossi” from a special issue of the monthly magazine “La Cucina Italiana”, an awesome resource for every food lover!

Serves 4 (not so generous, in my greedy opinion; you can try using more tagliatelle)
280 g egg tagliatelle | 260 g (cleaned) red pepper | 120 g onion | 20 g parsley | 1 bay leaf | some lemon juice drops | salt, fine and coarse | 1/2 dried hot pepper | 1 cup vegetable stock | 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil

Let’s prepare these tagliatelle!

Start heating a large pot of water for the tagliatelle.
Prepare 1/2 liter of vegetable stock; here I used vegetable stock cubes. Chop the onion. Cut the red pepper in 1,5-inch pieces (more or less; take a look at the pictures).

40791-albums377-picture2978.jpg

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, then add the onion and the bay leaf. Wait a couple of minutes, then add the red pepper and sauté for 15 minutes. Add a cup of stock, taste and add some salt to taste, then cook for another 5 minutes.

40791-albums377-picture2979.jpg

In the meantime, finely chop the parsley and the hot pepper and mix these two ingredients with 1 tablespoon of oil and some drops of lemon juice. I used half of a 1-inch long hot dried pepper.
When the water is boiling, add the coarse salt (one handful), then cook the tagliatelle according to the package label, but drain them “al dente”. A couple of minutes before the tagliatelle are ready “al dente”, hat again the sauce pan. Put the tagliatelle in the pan and stir them for some 30-40 seconds. Then turn off the fire, add the parsley/hot pepper mixture and stir well. Serve it immediately.

40791-albums377-picture2980.jpg

40791-albums377-picture2981.jpg

Tagliatelle with red peppers does not call for grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, but you can always try it!

This recipe has a distinctive sweet taste, thanks to the red peppers and the tagliatelle. I like to drink some robust red wine with it, like a good old Barbera or a strong Refosco.

Buon appetito!

Can I get egg tagliatelle in America?

Can I get egg tagliatelle in America?

Hi Pierogi Princess, I just browsed the Buitoni USA website, they sell Egg Fettuccine ("flat ribbons of pasta made with extra fancy durum flour and eggs"):
Home > Products > Cut Pasta > Fettuccine.

I never tested them, but you could try this fettuccine, they look just sligthly larger than my tagliatelle.

Buon appetito! :)

Luca mate due to the weather and court preparations I only got around to roasting some of the peppers yesterday. Your dish is so simple but fantastic I cannot think why I have not made it before.:)

Luca mate due to the weather and court preparations I only got around to roasting some of the peppers yesterday. Your dish is so simple but fantastic I cannot think why I have not made it before.:)

I'm very very very happy to hear this!

Thank you, Bolas, now I have to find out some other simple and tasty Italian recipe! :)

Hi Pierogi Princess, I just browsed the Buitoni USA website, they sell Egg Fettuccine ("flat ribbons of pasta made with extra fancy durum flour and eggs"):

I never tested them, but you could try this fettuccine, they look just sligthly larger than my tagliatelle.

Thank you Luca for the research, I will certainly try this pasta and from this forum, I understand your dish is wonderful. Please keep them coming. TY

I got lucky on the Inter Net Luca, I found Egg Tagliatelle on Amazon.com. There are also Italian-American chefs that are sharing their recipe to make it yourself. I am going to try that since 6oz. is $ 21.95. A little steep. Thanks again for everything, I cannot wait to try your recipe. Sounds wonderful.

I got lucky on the Inter Net Luca, I found Egg Tagliatelle on Amazon.com. There are also Italian-American chefs that are sharing their recipe to make it yourself. I am going to try that since 6oz. is $ 21.95. A little steep. Thanks again for everything, I cannot wait to try your recipe. Sounds wonderful.

22$ is really too much! But preparing the tagliatelle at home is not such a simple task... It takes time!

And tomorrow I will post my next illustrated recipe: a supereasy (more or less...) lasagna recipe, coming straight from the homeland of lasagna (and the homeland of my fiancée...): Emilia region. :chef:

Buon appetito :)

22$ is really too much! But preparing the tagliatelle at home is not such a simple task... It takes time!

And tomorrow I will post my next illustrated recipe: a supereasy (more or less...) lasagna recipe, coming straight from the homeland of lasagna (and the homeland of my fiancée...): Emilia region. :chef:

Buon appetito :)

Can't wait for your lasagna recipe, I would not care it it were difficult, mine stinks!
I do make good sauce, taught to me by my mothers best friend (Italian) and she taught me gnocci. Those are the only two things I am good at.

Luca,
This is a very nice dish. I very much like the way you and so many Italian cooks highlight one vegetable in a simple dish. The preparation allows for so many variations using seasonal vegetables.

Keep em coming kid!

Luca,
This is a very nice dish. I very much like the way you and so many Italian cooks highlight one vegetable in a simple dish. The preparation allows for so many variations using seasonal vegetables.

Keep em coming kid!

My goodness me, this is the first time in my life that someone put me near to the word "cook" :shock:

Thanks Aunt, I'll keep on goin'! :cool:

Can't wait for your lasagna recipe, I would not care it it were difficult, mine stinks!
I do make good sauce, taught to me by my mothers best friend (Italian) and she taught me gnocci. Those are the only two things I am good at.

Well, lasagna and gnocchi is surely good enough for me! :)

My grandma was our family Gnocchi Super Master, but I never tried to prepare them. I think I'll plug this gap as soon as possible! :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom